The breakup of Google and birth of Alphabet

By : Administrator
Published 12th August 2015 |
Read latest comment - 10th September 2015

Been reading with interest different spin and peoples interpretation, since the news broke on Monday that the Google business is being broken up into subsidiaries that will come under a newly created parent company called "Alphabet". Not Skynet as prophesied by some  

If you haven't heard, then you can you read the official announcement on the Google/Alphabet blog: G is for Google

It actually makes a lot of sense and I've said in the past that I think Googles real long term future will be in automation, ie it's self driving car business which it has spent years pioneering, drones and the inevitable quest for AI.

But Google search is the huge money spinner that can bankroll some of these amazing and incredibly expensive projects.

So Larry and Serg are handing the reigns of their baby over to a new CEO, while they concentrate their efforts on Alphabet and it's many projects.

It's an enviable position, they have pretty much infinite resources at their disposal to pursue whatever ground breaking technology takes their fancy, capable of innovating and creating a market place from scratch, that few competitors will be able to keep pace with. Which in turn will ensure continued market dominance, providing more revenue to pursue ever bigger projects and ambitions.

From a business owner and techie perspective, you can't help but be a bit jealous, and in awe. But also just a little nervous. Maybe the day of Skynet has just inched a little closer? How much power will Alphabet wield in 10, 20, 30 years?

How about a little game. How long do you think it will take for a simple 1 page website called Alphabet to get established and generate some traffic?

Particularly when it was set up by the founders of Google  

SEO wise, not too much on-page content. Interesting URL: https://abc.xyz/

Good news is, it's mobile friendly 

Good to see they have been following the Google guidelines. Wonder how long before they get some SEO consultancy emails from India?

Here is the current stats from Alexa, be interesting to see how quickly that changes 

I reckon it will break the Alexa 100,000 rank in 30 days. Any other wagers?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

It'll definitely be faster than 30 days....15? 

I fear large corporations and the globalisation of the world....Skynet is definitely a possibility! 

It'll definitely be faster than 30 days....15? ”

Yep, I think Rebecca won that 

Fastest Alexa rank in history I suspect...

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Yay I won, I won! As usual a pointless and useless win but never mind 

This Thread is now closed for comments