How can we block our website link from search engine result?

By : Forum Member
Published 6th March 2021 |
Read latest comment - 26th April 2021

Hi,

How can we block our web blog link from the search engine result page?. Expert, please share your suggestions with us. It may help us to block unwanted blog links from the search result page.

Steve Good,
GWC India Pvt Ltd
Comments

If you want to block the whole page, then apply the following meta tag:

<meta name="robots" content="noindex">

Google Article: Block Search indexing with 'noindex'

If you just want to stop a link on your page from being searchable, then just add the rel="nofollow" tag to the URL. eg:
<a target="_blank" rel="nofollow" href="https://steve.com/">All Round Top Geezer</a>

Simples

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Thanks for your valuable suggestion. I have used the Google search console link removal option to remove the unwanted link from showing Google search results.

If you just want to stop a link on your page from being searchable, then just add the rel="nofollow" tag to the URL. eg:
All Round Top Geezer

Simples

Steve Good,
GWC India Pvt Ltd

All Round Top Geezer

Simples

This is cool. Now I know thanks, folks!

redstone

There are quite a few tags now, including ones that tell Google it is a paid promotional link or user generated content. We aren't stingy with our follows and NoFollows, but we do only link out based on merit and quality of content, so all is well with the web.

Thanks,
TBA James

This Thread is now closed for comments