Terms and ConditionsMy Local Services is a trading name of Lowi Ltd.
Registered Office: Minerva Mill, Station Road, Alcester, Warwickshire, B49 5ET
Registered in England and Wales: Company Number 05542028
Data Protection Registration Number: ZA081479
All references to My Local Services are also applicable to Lowi Ltd.
- To use, access, leave a review or subscribe your business to this website, then you must agree to these terms and conditions.
- My Local Services cannot be held responsible for the pricing, quality or competence of any services or goods supplied by advertisers displayed on or linked to our pages.
- Reviews of businesses and service providers published on My Local Services are the individual opinions and views of their author. Neither My Local Services nor its owners will be held liable.
- My Local Services holds no responsibility for the accuracy of any published listing information.
- My Local Services offers free listings for which there are no charges as well as optional paid listing options.
- To use this service a business must have a trading address for each business listing displayed. This is defined as a physical or virtual business centre address. Any fake or false location will result in a listing not being approved or being removed.
- Free listings will display business location and contact information. Other third party advertising may be displayed on the same page.
- Free listings are by their very nature part of a free service and we reserve the right to limit the number of listings per company, remove or ban if abuse is suspected. If you have or represent clients with multiple branches (minimum 10+), then we are happy to bulk upload your data for you. Please contact us to find out more information.
- For paid listing options companies are entering into a paid agreement with My Local Services, and we will display the business details on our database for the duration of the agreement.
- By accepting these terms and conditions, you agree that you hold the relevant copyright to all images, logos and text that you place on our website and you are authorised to display any approved Trademark. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in My Local Services taking legal action in the event of any dispute.
- Lifetime listings will be displayed on My Local Services until either the customer requests either verbally or in writing to have their listing removed. Or if contact details go out of date then the lifetime listing may be removed from the database.
- By signing up to any type of listing on My Local Services the customer must understand that My Local Services will send an automated email every 12 months to confirm address and email details. This email will contain a confirmation link and will be sent to the email address we have for their listing. It is a customer’s responsibility to ensure any email contact details are kept-up-to date.
- If a business listing's details cannot be confirmed within 90 days of receiving an automated confirmation email then that listing will be removed from our public database. If we have no contact from this listing within 12 months, then it will be automatically deleted from our system. If a new listing is required after this time, then the customer will be considered as a new customer and charges will apply for any paid listings.
- A lifetime listing is only valid for as long as the mylocalservices.co.uk website remains online or Lowi Ltd remains in business.
- My Local Services reserves the right to exclude or remove any business listing, either free or paid from the database at any time. Examples include business no longer trading, adult related services such as erotic massages and escort services, complaints regarding obscene material and illegal business practices.
- You can upgrade any options for your business listing at any time by logging-in to your listing editor. All prices below are annual and exclude VAT. The total amount payable is dependant on the options you select.
- Add extra categories - The first three categories are free, additional categories cost £2.00 each. New categories can be created if required.
- Increase coverage - By default your listing will show in our search results within five miles of your business address. Extended coverage costs £5.00 for 10 miles, £10.00 for 25 miles, £15.00 for 100 miles, £20.00 for 250 miles and £30.00 for Nationwide.
- Premium content - add logo, images, video and upto a thousand words of text and edit at any time. Premium content costs £7.50.
- Sponsored listing - At the top of the search results we show up to five sponsored listings for each category which visually stand-out. Sponsored Listings cost £7.50.
- Special promotion - Add a promotion with a weblink to your listing and search results which can be edited at any time. Promotions cost £7.50.
- Remove third-party advertising - Other advertising is shown on your business listing page such as Google adverts. To remove any third-party advertising costs £7.50.
- At checkout there will be an addtional option that will convert any selected annual upgrade options to a single one off lifetime payment. Lifetime listings are completely optional and businesses are welcome to advertise annually.
- Lifetime listings will never be asked for any re-subscription fees.
- A business can add paid options to their free or 12 month listing at any time. A pro rata fee will charged based on the number of months left to verification, with a minimum of £1 being charged.
- 12 month listings will need to re-subscribe to retain the chosen options. If you decide not to re-subscribe your listing will revert to a free basic listing.
Refunds and Cancellations
- We offer a full refund or cancellation policy within seven days of your purchase. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of Cancellations, stating your business name, address and telephone number. We will respond within 2 working days confirming your refund and removal from the website.
- After seven days, if a business requests removal of their advert from the My Local Services website, no part or full refund of any fees will be given.
- A listing can be cancelled at any time by contacting us and confirming cancellation, or by telephone on 0333 444 0198.
- The reviews of businesses and service providers published on My Local Services are posted by third parties and do not represent the opinion of My Local Services or its owners.
- My Local Services assumes no responsibility for or is otherwise legally responsible for remarks posted upon this website by third parties even if those remarks are defamatory.
- My Local Services asks third parties to follow guidelines such as not leaving defamatory or abusive comments. My Local Services will take all reasonable measures to ensure only appropriate opinions are published by means of human or automated intervention, but will not partially edit or censor opinions. Opinions deemed inappropriate will be deleted. The final decision as to what is deemed appropriate and shall be allowed to be published on the website will lie with My Local Services.
- The reviewer must leave their name and telephone number when adding a review. You may decide to allow your name to be displayed publicly or you can remain anonymous. But we will need your name and telephone number to allow any review moderation. Your details will remain confidential and will only be used by a My Local Services member of staff to verify your review. Any review left with false details or without a name or phone number will be deleted.
- Reviews are moderated and any perceived libel abuse or profanity will be deleted and will not go live
- If there is an issue with any particular comments or review then contact us, state the business name concerned and outline the issue. My Local Services are not a legal body and will act in what it believes to be the correct manner, unless ordered to do otherwise by an official legal representative.
- Businesses will have the right to reply to any reviews left for their business listing. This can be done by logging into your listing editor. This means the business has the final say on any review left.
- We will not remove negative reviews simply because a business asks us to. We may ask for proof of use of a service such as an invoice if a business doubts the authenticity of a reviewer. If it is deemed to be a fair review by our customer services staff, then the comments will stand. In this case simply leave a right to reply to explain the situation. You can also enhance this by encouraging positive reviews from your customers to give a balanced picture.
- If a business demands that their listing is removed in order to remove any negative reviews, then that listing will be deleted completely, meaning any third party links to it or search engine indexing will be lost. If the listing is a paid listing including lifetime listings then there will be no refund due. The business will be subject to an exclusion period before being able to relist their services.
Posting on our business forum
- My Local Services offers a free to join and use business support forum.
- Any forum threads and replies represent the views and are the responsibility of the author and not My Local Services.
- Any uploaded images, videos, third party website links or content must be copyright free, or conform to any license or source acknowledgement requirements.
Review or forum information submitted to this website
In certain situations, outlined below, My Local Services will remove postings by third parties ("posters" or "users"), including, to wit:
(1) My Local Services is presented with a settlement agreement, resolving a dispute between the poster and any third party(ies) complaining about the posting, mandating that the posting be removed.
(2) The posting contains vulgar, profane, or obscene language.
(3) The posting contains adult material, including but not limited to, graphic images, written images, or links thereto.
(4) The posting does not relate to a valid commercial transaction and is not the type of posting for which the website is intended, namely the referral of UK businesses and service providers.
(5) The posting contains personal identifying information about another user of this website.
(6) The posting was posted by a user who submitted false contact information during the registration process and My Local Services is unable to contact the poster/user.
(7) Multiple copies of the same posting.
(8) The posting was made by a current owner, employee, former employee, or immediate family member of the company being reviewed.
If you believe that a user has posted material which meets one of the above conditions, then contact us or write to us at the address at the top of this page.
- Any communication or material other than your personal information submitted to this website by electronic mail is the exclusive property of My Local Services and is considered to be non-confidential and non-proprietary. Such communication may include without limitation questions, comments, suggestions and ideas. My Local Services shall be free to use them for any purpose whatsoever without restriction or compensation.
- The copyright in this entire website, unless stipulated, is held by My Local Services. All material provided on this website is protected under international copyright laws and treaty provisions. Except as expressly provided herein, none of the material provided on this website may be copied, distributed, republished, reproduced, downloaded, displayed or transmitted in any form for commercial use without the prior written permission of My Local Services.
- The trademarks, logos and service marks (collectively referred to as "Trademarks") displayed on this website are claimed by My Local Services and no trademark license, either express or implied, is granted by My Local Services. You do not have any right to use any Trademark or Service Mark displayed on this website except as expressly provided under the doctrine of Fair Use without the prior written permission of My Local Services. In the event of unauthorized use or misuse of its Trademarks My Local Services will pursue its legal remedies without delay.
- Any use of this website for telemarketing or direct marketing purposes is forbidden and any complaints will be fully investigated.
While we make every effort to keep My Local Services up-to-date and secure, we don’t provide any guarantees, conditions or warranties that the information will be:
- Free from bugs or viruses.
We’re not liable for any loss or damage that may come from using this website, including:
- Any direct, indirect or consequential losses.
- Any loss or damage caused by civil wrongs (‘tort’, including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise the use of this and any websites that are linked to or from it.
- The inability to use this website and any websites that are linked to or from it.
This applies if the loss or damage was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you advised us that it might happen. This includes (but isn’t limited to) the loss of your:
- Income or revenue.
- Salary, benefits or other payments.
- Profits or contracts.
- Anticipated savings.
- Goodwill or reputation.
- Tangible property.
- Intangible property, including loss, corruption or damage to data or any computer system wasted management or office time.
- Your use of this website signifies that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement.