Manchester based utility scams - 0161 274 4662

By : Administrator
Published 27th July 2015 |
Read latest comment - 29th July 2015

Seemed very fitting during the Citizens Advice #scamaware month, that our sister company which hosts Edinburgh Trusted Trader is getting scammed 

Ever since signing up with 118information, we have been plagued with aggressive and rude sales calls from so called utility providers. They have claimed to be our utility provider, claimed that we need to sign some paperwork as we are a new business, etc etc...

The humorous thing is the address they are talking about is Edinburgh Trading Standards 

Common numbers that we seem to be getting calls from are: 0161 272 5551, 0161 273 2600 and 0161 274 4662. 

It's water off a ducks back, but there is a serious side, and it's a reminder how intimidating these calls can be for the unwary or vulnerable.

If you start a new business, unfortunately you will get plagued with these calls, so remember to keep common sense batteries fully charged, never agree to anything from a cold call, and never be afraid to put the phone down.

Signing up to the Telephone Preference Service can also help reduce these calls.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments
....Signing up to the Telephone Preference Service can also help reduce these calls.”

Well in that case, I dread to think how many calls I'd get if I weren't - seems bad enough already, though admittedly half the problem is that they don't cover overseas calls.......  

Lucky enough as I am so small I don't get these calls, I just get emails constantly about bills etc and other things which go straight into the junk box 

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Lucky enough as I am so small I don't get these calls, I just get emails constantly about bills etc and other things which go straight into the junk box ”

Trust me size means nothing. Once you are one of these lists, you will get bombarded. If you sign up for certain directories, their small print, which you will never read, gives them the right to sell your data on (something we don't and have never done).

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Always good to have a reminder, thanks. I get a lot of personal calls for the classic PPI and accidents, they get pretty short shrift from me. I had a big argument with a chap today as he repeatedly asked me if I was Mrs Pay and would not say who he was and where he was calling from...   My standard sign off is "Good day to you!"

This Thread is now closed for comments