It's official - Windows 8 was rubbish, here is Windows 10

By : Administrator
Published 29th July 2015 |
Read latest comment - 26th August 2016

Microsoft have had a bit of a bruising over the last few years. They tried replacing Windows 7, which was (and I think still is) a good platform, with the white elephant Windows 8.

They have watched the explosion of the smart phone from the sidelines, with minimal market share of Windows phones.

The Nokia acquisition which was supposed to be Microsoft's way into the Mobile market didn't work out, and according to the BBC, it wrote off $7.5bn cost and laid off thousands of Nokia employees.

So everything now seems to be hinged on Windows 10. Apparently the last ever major operating system launch from Microsoft. The plan moving forward is to continually develop it by gradually updating it over months and years.

Sounds to me like the standard Patch Tuesday when my lappie grinds to a halt to download the latest barrage of patches from Microsoft

Windows 10 will be a cross device platform, from headsets, mobiles, desktops and tablets and future "wearable technology". Flashing bras and musical boxers?

The idea being that it will be easier for developers to design programs and applications for a single platform.

I do like this bit from the BBC article:

The previous version of the operating system - Windows 8 - was so badly received the company leapfrogged making Windows 9 altogether in an attempt to distance itself from its previous outlook.

So in otherwords you may have only suspected it, but Windows 8 is officially rubbish

Windows 10 launch is a 'new era', says Microsoft boss - BBC News

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

Looks like I'm ready to go! Eek! I fear change!!

Good luck, let us know how you get on

I think I'll be waiting a while and let the revised version get rolled out, called 10.1 

Steve Richardson

I think I'll be waiting a while and let the revised version get rolled out, called 10.1 

Ditto!   I did the same for Windows 8 and I'm on.....    .....Windows 7!  Yes still.   That sums up Windows 8 for you!!  

I had the same messsage as Rebecca, except...

....so investiagted further,

This in itself doesn't concern me really.  I just can't believe the "app developers" haven't made it compatible with Windows 10 when it's a Microsoft product.     Well actually I can!

Oh thanks...let me be the guinea pig. ha. 

Ditto!   I did the same for Windows 8 and I'm on.....    .....Windows 7!  Yes still.   That sums up Windows 8 for you!!  

Yup, on Windows 7 running "classic" settings, with Office 2010, and it all works a treat. Shall stay here until this lappie goes in the bin, and then survey the Windows 10 aftermath/carnage in about a year when it's time for a new machine.

Steve Richardson

Grrrrr .. Why is it the only person who doesn't care what W10 is like and wants to install it asap has not got his download yet . I hated windows 8 so much I hacked my pc to run like 7 but you end up not being able to use any part of 8 so you often get clashes ..W10 is what 8 should have been from the start

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

W10 is what 8 should have been from the start”

Well hopefully, but I'll let you tell us if it is when you have gone through the pain barrier

Steve Richardson

I have found a way to bypass the wait lol, but will wait till I have been given the go ahead the official way in case it is a scam ,although looks genuine enough 

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Good by peeps ,see you on the flip side ,if I make it over hehehe ..About to start my windows 10 upgrade

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World