Do you haggle?

By : Forum Moderator
Published 23rd June 2015 |
Read latest comment - 27th June 2015

I have a client who is trying to knock money off a quote...do you haggle with customers? I certainly don't want to undervalue my product/service but they are offering some free advertising in the book for my business.

I'd be interested on your views on haggling!

Comments

Tell them you can reduce the quote but the content of the work will reduce accordingly. The advertising is probably gonna be worth zilch to you.

indizine
indizine

Thanks. The bottom line is you can't cut corners with proofreading so I shall tell them that. Perhaps a list of everything I check will help underline the value of my service. I don't want to agree to a big job and end being underpaid for it. I will stick to my guns I think! 

I'd be interested on your views on haggling!”

We had a great thread about haggling, I call it negotiating, others disagree

Do you haggle with suppliers? Do you allow haggling?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

I haggle a lot lol. Recently, my Sky TV contract came to an end so, I would either need to pay the full price of £75.75 or remove bundles from my package to reduce my costs. I haggled with the Sky adviser, in the end, we agreed to a 60% discount off my package! I suppose it's okay to haggle with big firms such as, Sky but, with the much smaller firms or sole traders, it's not really worth haggling with and you as a business owner should stick to your guns, be assertive and ensure the customer pays the price that you are happy with 

Wasab.

Many thanks
Wasab Hussain

This Thread is now closed for comments