Email outreach?

By : Growing Business
Published 15th January 2014 |
Read latest comment - 3rd February 2014

I would be interested to hear how effective you feel emails are for building an audience/relationship. A well written friendly personal email can prove very effective, but for me you can never beat the personal touch of the phone. What have you all found?

Hudson Reed
Comments
Guess it depends on the business and the product/service.

Email works better for us, with phone just for customer inbound enquires or issues.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Thanks Admin, I'm proving this forum to be very friendly. Ive found a great outreach article that was a massive case study and showed the time sof the day people opened their emails more, what sex were more likley to open the email and not put it in the trash and many other things. Would you like to me to share it? Hopefully it may prove helpful.

Hudson Reed

I think both email and telephone are important. If you make it personal and well-researched, it's nothing better in terms of off-line marketing. A good strategy is to send out email first and make a follow-up phone call to ask how did they like it. It's a very good conversation starer, and can lead do the beginning of friendly business relationship.

Fixed Fee Legal Services | Bespoke Document Drafting | Document Templates

I think uninvited emails are a pain in the backside. As far as I'm concerned if you have something that maybe of interest to me then I'll find it and make contact with you. Also I don't see why I should have to 'unsubscribe' from a mailing list when I never subscribed in the first place and secondly you then after having unsubscribed still get inundated with the same emails. As to cold calling via the telephone I tend to be very verbal with the caller

Thanks,
Barney

This Thread is now closed for comments