Harry and Meghan... thoughts?

By : Administrator
Published 4th March 2021 |
Read latest comment - 12th March 2021

I've bitten my lip on this one for so long, and with the continual outpouring of social media doom, gloom and haters about all subjects from Politics, Covid to what day of the week it is! 

But seeing this current marketing and hype over the Oprah interview, I've got a rant oozing out 

I'll admit to being a Monarchist, I think they are (by and large) a good thing for the country. Huge respect for the Queen and all she has done over the years. Phillip for just being Phillip, your unPC Grandpa. After that, the warmth goes a bit lukewarm with Charles, then colder with Andrew and the other brother  

As for minor Royals and klingons, I'm not fussed about and have no interest or little opinion. They mean nothing.

But with William and Harry, there was a real sense that the family were moving into a new era with personalities we could relate to, and would take the Royals forward for the next generation. William has obviously been groomed for his future role and seems to be adjusting to it pretty well, or from our commoners and news media perspective, as let's be honest, I've never met the bloke.

Where as Harry has always seemed to be the more popular one, from interesting fancy dress choices, squaddy and a breath of fresh air. It must be hard to find your place when you are the number two and big bruv will always be in line for the crown. But he seemed to enjoy his connection and popularity with the military and seemed to find his role with the Invictus Games.

This is why I struggle to see him now as this media pictured henpecked husband who hides behind his wife and appears to have turned his back on everything he used to hold dear.

I know nothing about Meghan other than I liked her in "suits" and is a stunning looking woman. But regardless of your telly credentials and familiarity with the press, surely she knew what she was getting herself into when she started knocking around with action man. I don't buy the whole racism thing, that's not the modern UK I see, but then I'm white and middle-aged so maybe my opinion counts for nothing. 

Being born into the family firm like he was can't be easy and continual 24/7 interest in what you have for breakfast has got to be waring, along with the tragic history of his mother. So I completely sympathise with the notion of wanting to step back, having some privacy and telling the media where to go.

But... If this couple genuinely want privacy and everyone to leave them alone, then why are they signing media deals left right and centre, and sat on Oprahs sofa, stirring up a media storm 

I've got to the point now where I have absolutely no interest in what either of them has to say. Harry is an ex Royal, let them be Mr and Mrs Wales and let them slide into obscurity. If the Americans are fascinated by them, then good for them, but UK media, just let them disappear. Save your journalistic talents for something we do care about, like when is Love Island coming back.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

Can only agree..

Every page I see on face book that mentions them now I block ..I think Harry is a bit of a disgrace with what he and his other have done.   Although I have seen there is more to it than meets the eye.. But no one seems to mention it 

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Can only agree..

Every page I see on face book that mentions them now I block ..I think Harry is a bit of a disgrace with what he and his other have done.   Although I have seen there is more to it than meets the eye.. But no one seems to mention it 

”

Not just me then Andy  

They thrive on publicity and use the media for their own purposes. I think his behaviour has been disgraceful but it's easier to paint a picture of poor Harry and that horrible woman who manipulated him. All a load of cobblers. Switch off the publicity tap, we're not interested 

Steve Richardson

I’m not a monarchist nor am I a communist........ but from a bygone era I know one knows how to deal with other....

Thanks,
Barney

I’m not a monarchist nor am I a communist........ but from a bygone era I know one knows how to deal with other....

anarchist? 

Steve Richardson

I rather like Harry and I think they're just using what they have to make enough money to keep in the style they're accustomed to! And the media are a disgrace for the most part, especially in this country.

I'm not bothered about the interview or any news about it personally.

The happy news today was that Piers Morgan left his job. Now that's someone I have a strong dislike of. And that's me being exceptionally polite!!! 

The happy news today was that Piers Morgan left his job. Now that's someone I have a strong dislike of. And that's me being exceptionally polite!!! ”

I don't have a problem with Piers, I wouldn't watch any of the car crash daytime TV that idiot would be on in the first place  

Even BBC Breakfast has gone from updating you about the news to Nagga's self-indulgent opinions about everything  I've moved to LBC, which may be just an old fart thing.

That said I did think Piers think he was quite good on life stories, or whatever his interview program used to be called. 

Steve Richardson

This Thread is now closed for comments