US versus UK Press Briefing

By : Administrator
Published 14th April 2020 |
Read latest comment - 10th June 2020

Is it me, but does the US Press briefing bear more resemblance to "show and tell" in reception year?

Regardless of your politics, do you think our daily Cornavirus briefings look very adult and professional compared to the circus over the pond?

I do enjoy listening to Trump's directionless rambling and self-appointed genius, whilst telling anyone to shut up who asks a difficult question. It's fun listening to him mispronounce the names of drugs, telling the world he's not a Doctor but understands everything really really well, and you should give some of this stuff a try. 

Meanwhile, in the UK we have to make do with boring facts, stats and charts, and the same daft questions from journalists, which are patiently answered day after day, whilst the nation comes together in a time of crisis. Let's face it after Brexit, it's quite refreshing!

We might be a little island, and have probably fallen out with most of our European neighbours, but I've never been happy to be British!

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

Get the feeling our government is misleading us all.....certainly giving mixed messages.....

Thanks,
Barney

Get the feeling our government is misleading us all.....certainly giving mixed messages.....”

I dunno, I think they've been pretty straight. It's been hard work navigating mixed messages over traders working though, advice does differ from Scot.gov to UK.gov

Is UK.gov UK advice or English advice? Can be a sensitive minefield to walk depending on peoples political or national leanings 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

The US briefing is a comedy show at best. My husband watches it every night just for fun. I don't watch them as I'm avoiding news for the most part, but it seems pretty sensible and measured. Whether you believe all the figures etc is up for debate, as there way deaths are measured differs from country to country and infection rate is meaningless when they're not testing the general public unless you're in hospital. But I'm not convinced there's any big conspiracy. Plenty of spin and plenty of making it up as they go along. 

The US briefing is a comedy show at best. My husband watches it every night just for fun. I don't watch them as I'm avoiding news for the most part, but it seems pretty sensible and measured. Whether you believe all the figures etc is up for debate, as there way deaths are measured differs from country to country and infection rate is meaningless when they're not testing the general public unless you're in hospital. But I'm not convinced there's any big conspiracy. Plenty of spin and plenty of making it up as they go along. ”

I think most of the countries tested only symptom persons and his contacts. They are doesn't test the general public.

This is the major reason for their less infection count and death rates.

Steve Good,
GWC India Pvt Ltd

I think most of the countries tested only symptom persons and his contacts. They are doesn't test the general public.

This is the major reason for their less infection count and death rates.

They've only just started testing people with symptoms in this country. Previous to that it was only if you were in hospital or a keyworker. 

This Thread is now closed for comments