Is it safe to repair house yourself or to hire a company?

By : Forum Member
Published 17th January 2021 |
Read latest comment - 11th February 2021

Hi
I would like to paint the walls and fix the ceiling in my house, and I think what to do
I have a small scaffold platform, but it's not enough to reach for the ceiling, and I know that it's a risk for my health in the case of a fall or something like this
What would you do if you were me?

CarolTowenQ
Comments

Funny you should ask this question as we are painting ours as well... We are doing as much as possible and going as high as we can and then once all done we will be hiring a professional to do all the out of reach places as the worst is on the staircases that are really high.As like you say a fall from that hight could kill you

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Hi
I would like to paint the walls and fix the ceiling in my house, and I think what to do
I have a small scaffold platform, but it's not enough to reach for the ceiling, and I know that it's a risk for my health in the case of a fall or something like this
What would you do if you were me?”

For my safety purposes, I’d rather not fixing it than taking the risk. 

redstone

I think it very much depends on your experience and confidence doing it. And if you're asking the question you either run a renovation company or are genuinely concerned, in which case you should pay someone else to do it. 

What would you do if you were me?”

Pay someone else!

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments