Are you ready for GDPR - it will impact you

By Steve.Richardson : Administrator
Published 15th December 2017 | Last comment 29th May 2018
Comments

I think I can honestly say I'm a bit GDPR'd out 

Still got some work to do on MLS but it's in hand. There's certainly been a lot of dis and mis-information. Remember if you double opted in your newsletter list originally and you have good data policies already in place, then there is very little you need to do and you don't need to email everyone with a please stay subscribed email.

If on the other hand like us you didn't, then your screwed  I still reckon in 6 months time it will be GDPR what? A bit like the cookie law...

At least there should be less spam around from horrible directories bombarding you every month 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

I haven't gotten around to sending the email.. I don't really send many TBH and can't figure out what to say mostly lol

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

I'm so sick of all the emails. One company just sent 3 in a row about privacy policy, opting out and new terms and conditions. For goodness sake people! 

lol ..It's gotta be done ,why I don't know as it is just adding to the spam as I don't even read them anymore ...Although maybe I should to get inspiration for myself

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Right the MLS ones have been sent, after we did the crazy GDPR giveaway sale bonanza earlier in the month.

Does this mean no one will be getting any email in June? 

Steve Richardson

Everyone is emailing with links to their new privacy policy, but do they need to do this really??

Everyone is emailing with links to their new privacy policy, but do they need to do this really??”

Nope. If they collected their data correctly in the first place, ie people opted in and this is audit-able, then they don't have to bombard you. Everyone will be updating their privacy pages, (along with us), but you don't need to tell the world and his wife.

Like wise everyone has the right to have their data removed and be forgotten, but that's the law, you don't need to tell us Mr company we can do that  

Steve Richardson

Nope. If they collected their data correctly in the first place, ie people opted in and this is audit-able, then they don't have to bombard you. Everyone will be updating their privacy pages, (along with us), but you don't need to tell the world and his wife.

Like wise everyone has the right to have their data removed and be forgotten, but that's the law, you don't need to tell us Mr company we can do that  

Must have had 100s of emails from companies telling me about their privacy details... totally bored with it now.... I think many are using these new rules as a means of marketing themselves.... had one company start of the email began all formal about the GDPR..... and finished by saying that if I was interested in their new product... I could get it at a 35% discount....

Thanks,
Barney

Tell me about it .. Has really defeat the objective of less spam

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Exactly what I thought and what I've advised various panicking friends. Most of it is what they should have been doing anyway. What a big fuss!! 

This Thread is now closed for comments