Storm Doris

By : Forum Member
Published 23rd February 2017 |
Read latest comment - 9th March 2017

Be careful everyone, Doris isn't your best friend!

Thanks, Rachael Kennedy
MLS Marketing Team
Comments

Will soon be over!

Eight miles north of Birmingham, I've just witnessed sideways rain and hailstones whilst the sun was shining.  Outside walk around of property later or in morning to see if there's any damage.   House across road has lost three ridge tiles.  Surprisingly, daffodils in bud have withstood the wind so far.

Well done to everyone who battles the elements to provide public transport, be it plane, train or bus.   Watching my favourite flight tracking service earlier and witnessed lunchtime Emirates flight into Birmingham taking 2 attempts to land, nailed it on second one.  Unfortunately, after circling Milton Keynes for around 45 minutes Qatar Airways chickened out and diverted to Stansted.  Can imagine there's a lot of extra washing being done this afternoon 

JuliaP

Oh god feels like I've nearly been blown over so many times today and that's in Alcester!! Don't think there was any point in brushing my hair today 

Thanks, Rachael Kennedy
MLS Marketing Team

er , is it blowy today .Not stepped foot out the house today as been taking it easy ,still jet lagged

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

I stayed in as my son has chicken pox but the weather was horrific. The fence is hanging off and the garden toys have been blown around like mad! Trees down on the M6 and a lady killed near Wolverhampton. Just awful! 

Just catching up in forum land.

Guess where I was in the middle of Storm Doris 

Me to London Eye man: "So assuming you won't be running this morning?"

London Eye man: "why?"

As we battled to stand upright with the winds threatening to send my 5 year old to Oz... Makes you proud to be British

Kids thought it was great, I was getting sea sick, and yes it really does wobble in gale force winds!

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments