Addressing Parliament is a big NO NO...

By : Forum Member
Published 7th February 2017 |
Read latest comment - 8th February 2017

After reading a really good article from the Independent, it has been brought to my attention that the members of parliament do not have that 'special relationship' with Donald Trump like our Prime minister Theresa May has seen to be recently. 

Mr John Bercow has been supported by many politicians in his bid to 'ban' Mr Trump from addressing  parliament.  His reasons for wanting to 'ban' Trump from Parliament were due to his opposition to 'racism and sexism'. 

I wonder how the Prime Minister feels about this? The politician and Liberal Democrat leader Tim Farron speaks out in quite a vicious tone as to how much he cares about her opinion: 

"The Prime Minister might wish to kowtow to the nasty misogynist that now sits in the Oval Office but no-one else does. We do not want him to speak to us. He is not welcome.”

Looks like Trump may not just be causing an uprising in the USA...

Thanks, Rachael Kennedy
MLS Marketing Team
Comments

I'm not sure I agree with banning Trump, after all he was democratically elected and as someone who is fortunate to live in the supposed free world this is what we are suppose to believe in 'democracy'. I don't particularly like Trump, I think he's an idiot, I think his presidency will be a one termer or somewhere along the line he'll get impeached or shot... maybe both But the UK needs to remember currently we are already trying to put up barriers with the rest of Europe, do we also want to put up barriers with the US? We'll end up as a blob on the landscape and isolated.... The good thing about both the US and UK political system is, is that no matter how powerful you become and no matter how much money you have, there are systems in place to protect the countries they serve... As another commentator said, if the UK is quite happy to suck up to nations that cane their men and women in public, chop of their limbs not forgetting their heads because this is their justice system..... Then giving another democratically elected leader 10 minutes of our time isn't a lot to ask, whether we agree with the lunatic or not...

Thanks,
Barney

Another UK storm in a teacup for our elected sheep to procrastinate about.

We can hardly roll out the red carpet for China but then whinge and moan about a US President regardless how potty he sounds. Agree with Barney, lets concentrate on forging good economic ties and positive relationships that benefit us.

We've got enough of our own domestic problems, lets let the American electorate worry about their own issues.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments