Is your toast burnt?

By : Forum Member
Published 24th January 2017 |
Read latest comment - 16th February 2017

Like your toast well done so the butter melts on to it because of how hot it is Looks like that may have to change.

Overcooking starchy foods such as toast, chips and vegetables has now been proven by scientists to be cancerous. I'll try not to bore you with all the Science because lets be honest we'd be here for years.

But there is a chemical that is caused when over cooking food, this is Acrylamide which can cause cancer. 

There I did it it one sentence, hope you didn't fall asleep in that one sentence 

Here are some tips from the ITV on the right way to cook your food

• Aim for a golden yellow colour or lighter when frying, baking, toasting or roasting starchy foods like potatoes, root vegetables and bread.
  • Follow cooking instructions when frying or oven-heating packaged food products such as chips, roast potatoes and parsnips.
  • Eat a varied and balanced diet – including basing meals on starchy carbohydrates and your five-a-day.
  • Don't keep raw potatoes in the fridge if you intend to roast or fry them.Raw potatoes should ideally be stored in a dark, cool place at temperatures above 6°C.

Thanks, Rachael Kennedy
MLS Marketing Team
Comments

Everything is burnt in this house, which considering the other half spends around 4 hours a day watching cookery programmes, you would think that after 30 odd years she would have go the hang of it. Not only that she has every single book the Hairy bikers, Jamie, and Gordon Ramsey have written... I think she models herself on the two fat ladies, with a bottle of plonk in one hand and a fag in the other..... 

Thanks,
Barney

hahahaha, I have to admit I am not a good cook  I dred to think of what I'm going to be like when I live on my own The house will be burnt down after the first few days  

Thanks, Rachael Kennedy
MLS Marketing Team

Today's news states that drinking red wine can cause cancer also Looks like nothing nice can be good for you...

Thanks, Rachael Kennedy
MLS Marketing Team

That's my breakfast regime out of the window then 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

You know, I don't half laugh when things like this come out!  Sometimes I don't think that half these so-called scientists know what they're talkiing about tbh.

I also hate to point this point (unless I'm getting it wrong):

"Overcooking starchy foods such as toast, chips and vegetables has now been proven by scientists to be cancerous."

"But there is a chemical that is caused when over cooking food, this is Acrylamide which can cause cancer. "

Forgive me, but does it or doesn't it?

I didn't know it HAD even been proven!

Also red wine is supposed to be known for it's excellent properties in boosting blood circulation, the same as garlic and other things.

It's just as well we're not all scared off by these things, if we were, we wouldn't dare eat anything, and we'd all starve.

Just my tuppence!

Thanks,
ITGeek007

As is usual with these stories, they lack detail.  When we were first told that fat was bad for you, lots of people tried to cut out all fat because the media had failed to report it was saturated fat.  Then it was reported that bacon is bad for you, yet you would have to eat it every day for x number of years.  

We all have differing metabolic rates and some people may have genetic problems like kids having inherited high cholesterol levels, which means that they cannot eat chocolate and sweets.  

Then there is the diet fizzy drinks issue.  Some people think they can drink as much as they like, but what they are doing is pumping themselves full of chemicals which can adversely affect their health, not just increasing the size of their waistline.  Diet fizzy drinks should not be consumed by anyone who has heart problems or high blood pressure.

JuliaP

This Thread is now closed for comments