Eurostone & Tiles

By : Forum Member
Published 22nd August 2016 |
Read latest comment - 2nd September 2016

Hi Everyone.   We have been in the Ceramic Tile business for 30 years in Northamptonshire.

Glad to help with free advice and ideas if you have a project.   I need help with SEO and my website is old and has only just had a mobile friendly upgrade but it is still poor.

Tried simple site which is very good for beginners in e-commerce like me.  Have just started on a SEO with Scoot.  Any further ideas will be welcomed.

Thanks,
John
Comments

Hi Jon, welcome to the forum.

I've changed your email so it is the same one that you use to edit your business listing, that way your business details will show in your signature. You can login to the forum or your business listing with the same email and password.

Also moved you over to the SEO section as you are asking for advice.

Thanks,
Forum Admin

Welcome to the forums John, glad you joined us.

You've got a very simple site, but you've got some content and all you need really is a straight forward wordpress site. It's something that wouldn't set you back very much, a few hundred quid which would give a much more professional image. Or you could do it yourself if you are technically minded and have the time.

There is no golden bullet to SEO, but your website is the obvious starting place. Understanding the basics and fundamentals helps. This may be of use if you are new to SEO: SEO 101 for laymen and newbies

Even if outsourcing, it's good to have a good high level idea, so you can tell if someone is spinning you a yarn or not.

You say you have just started some SEO with Scoot. Is that a paid service? No idea what they are like, but make sure you understand what they are doing for you and get a good idea of expectations. Personally I would concentrate on getting your website how you want it, before embarking on any paid SEO.

I would imagine they will start off with a report and tell you all the things you need to do with your site, as well as showing you where any of your chosen marketing keywords are with the Google god. So they and you will have an agreed starting point, so you can measure or gauge success.

Do you get many customers from your online marketing? Are there parts of your site that do work well for you, or is not performing at all? Have a look at your analytics, if you don't have any, then install them. Google analytics are free, and a treasure trove of useful information that will tell you what is happening with your website.

I'm guessing after 30 years, you have plenty of word of mouth custom. Are you utilising online reviews? This is a powerful way to showcase your business. Start generating reviews on your MLS listing, Google listing, TrustPilot, Yell or anywhere you can. If you google your business name and reviews, the only ones that show are from Yelp. 

Invite your customers to leave feedback, maybe add links on invoices, emails etc. It's not only great positive marketing, it's also good SEO (and free!) 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Hi Steve.

I agree I will spend a few 100 on improving site,  prefer someone else to do it.

Only just set up Simple Site:  tileseurostone.co.uk, expect it to work when I can link it to my revamped site.  The Scoot SEO is £90 set up then £20 a month and can be cancelled 30 days notice,  which seems O.K.  If it does not work I can chop it.

I am a newby to all this rapidly moving tech,  so will take a while to catch up.   But I would like to get as far as mcommerce this Summer if I can.

Bit of a problem which bits of Google are free and how you put them on your site.

Thanks for the pointers,  I am learning all the time.

John

Thanks,
John

Welcome John.  Steve has given you some good pointers and if you want a chat (or email) feel free to contact me - happy to offer advice or help in anyway I can.

A late welcome from me

Angela
My views & opinions are my own

This Thread is now closed for comments