Heinz Bean Advert Banned!

By : Forum Member
Published 23rd November 2016

Surely we have all seen the Heinz Beans advert? Its Brilliant- it seems to me that it follows the Cup song you may have seen on the famous film Pitch Perfect?

Well I hate to break it you but this advert has been banned from all Television screens across the UK ITV news have stated that several viewers of the advert have complained that it is

"unsafe practice" and six believed it featured behaviour that could be dangerous for children to copy.

The company Heinz have eagerly responded to these complaints stating that

'the advert showed people tapping the can on "safe" surfaces - its sealed top, bottom, or sides - and did not show anyone putting their hands or fingers inside the can' 

Because the advert had no health and safety risks for viewers; it could result in young children hurting themselves through trying to copy actors on the advert, but with open cans. Personally I think the advert is great and considering the aim is to up-sale beans it brings a lot of fun to our screens.

However I can see the point about it being dangerous as witnessing my dad cutting his thumb seriously on an open can, it is very easy to hurt yourself when messing with sharp items.

To protect themselves I think that they probably should have thought about the risks associated with the advert before releasing it, but everyone makes silly mistakes.

I'm a bit gutted that it has been taken off our screens, I liked the song it was very catchy!

Thanks, Rachael Kennedy
MLS Marketing Team
Comments
This Thread is now closed for comments