Cadbury Christmas campaign starts against a backdrop of watchdog and job cuts

By : Administrator
Published 6th November 2015 |
Read latest comment - 13th November 2015

So it's that time of year again when marketing departments have a chance to show off their latest efforts in Christmas creative, and see if they are worth their salaries.

It's a tough one for Cadbury, as it is against a backdrop of being featured this week on Watchdog for shrinking chocolate bars and less chocolates per box, whilst visually retaining the  same size. Then with the possibility of job cuts at the Bourneville site in Birmingham according to the news this morning.

Maybe not the best timing, as the advert went live this morning, but with a marketing and creative head on, have Cadbury been thinking outside the chocolate box (sorry ) or does this advert leave you thinking "fast forward".

It's harder and harder to impress us fickle consumers, especially as fewer and fewer of us sit and watch live TV, so what do you think?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

I wish they would bring "The Lunch Bar" here , it is just the best chocolate ever ... I always have to go to a South African shop to buy 1

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

You can get it from Ocado apparently. Googled it out of curiosity just to see if it was made of Rhino hoof or Elephant dung

https://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Cadbury-Lunch-Bar/95493011

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

You can't beat cadburys Chocolate, I hope they don't start messing around with the formula, or recipe. Apparently I hear they are now using sultanas instead of raisins in the fruit and nut bars because they are cheaper. Hope it's not the start of a money saving slippery slope. I've noticed choccie bars have been shrinking over the years

Angela
My views & opinions are my own

This Thread is now closed for comments