Facebook advertising

By : Business Owner
Published 18th May 2015 |
Read latest comment - 26th October 2015

Has anyone else tried Facebook advertising?

I set up a Local (Essex) advert and ended up with 90% clicks from non interested people mainly from Asia. You don't have to do much digging to see that they are either being paid to click on adverts or are just clicking on you to spread out their click pattern to cover up what they are doing.

I think Facebook know about it but it must be hell to try and stop it.

Has anyone had any success with it?

Thanks,
Barry
Comments

Hi Barry, this was a timely reminder to update an ongoing thread about social media campaigns.

Starting Social Media Campaigns from Scratch - and the results

I'm a convert now for Facebook advertising after rubbishing it in the past. It is now pretty slick and you can target and exclude audiences, so you shouldn't (in theory) experience your problem of non local clicks.

Did you set your geographic preferences? You can isolate right down to the local town.

We have struggled with setting up purely Facebook adverts and getting a decent return from them. Instead we have found boosted posts to be 100% more effective. You can tailor your audience geographically and by interest, giving almost as much control as purely adverts.

Why boosted posts work better than just adverts though I have no idea  

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Interesting, 

Yes I did localise the advert but ive been told since that there are a number of companies using click farms and those clickers need to click on ads other than those they are giving a boost to in order to hide what they are doing. There are a number or videos on you tube proving the point. It will be a while before I try them again I think.

Hi Barry, this was a timely reminder to update an ongoing thread about social media campaigns.

Starting Social Media Campaigns from Scratch - and the results

I'm a convert now for Facebook advertising after rubbishing it in the past. It is now pretty slick and you can target and exclude audiences, so you shouldn't (in theory) experience your problem of non local clicks.

Did you set your geographic preferences? You can isolate right down to the local town.

We have struggled with setting up purely Facebook adverts and getting a decent return from them. Instead we have found boosted posts to be 100% more effective. You can tailor your audience geographically and by interest, giving almost as much control as purely adverts.

Why boosted posts work better than just adverts though I have no idea  ”

Thanks,
Barry

Interesting, 

Yes I did localise the advert but ive been told since that there are a number of companies using click farms and those clickers need to click on ads other than those they are giving a boost to in order to hide what they are doing. There are a number or videos on you tube proving the point. It will be a while before I try them again I think.

”

End of the day it's down to your own experiences, if you've been stung then you will obviously be wary. Can only speak fro ourselves, where we track conversions using FB pixel an dit's worked well and been very viable. 

Having a load of fake clicks or non local would put the brakes on any further spend. Certainly one I'll keep an eye on. 

Steve Richardson

Hi . .. .

I not have much experience in facebook clicks....

But i prefer you to use the better images and attractive caption for better audience and more profit. 

Thanks,
The Furniture Gallery

Hi . .. .

I not have much experience in facebook clicks...”

Assuming you are an SEO company, so you don't use Facebook in your clients campaigns?

Steve Richardson

I find alot of companies quote googles name but i never seem to get my name on there,limited budgets with googles extras is dangerous,i tried facebook but not the advert

Has anyone else tried Facebook advertising?

I set up a Local (Essex) advert and ended up with 90% clicks from non interested people mainly from Asia. You don't have to do much digging to see that they are either being paid to click on adverts or are just clicking on you to spread out their click pattern to cover up what they are doing.

I think Facebook know about it but it must be hell to try and stop it.

Has anyone had any success with it?”

Thanks,
John connelly

End of the day it's down to your own experiences, if you've been stung then you will obviously be wary. Can only speak fro ourselves, where we track conversions using FB pixel an dit's worked well and been very viable. 

Having a load of fake clicks or non local would put the brakes on any further spend. Certainly one I'll keep an eye on. 

thank you itsvery interesting

Thanks,
John connelly

This Thread is now closed for comments