Is it how or how not to respond to a negative review?

By : Administrator
Published 1st December 2014 |
Read latest comment - 10th December 2014

Courtesy of themetapicture.com

So if you managed to get to the end of that, what do you think?

I love the humour and sarcasm, but is that the right tactic to come over on a review site? We all know the customer isn't always right, and thanks to those pesky review websites  the power seems to be firmly in the hands of the consumer.

How would or do you deal with negative reviews? Or do you think this was a fair one?

Interesting to see how the review has been received (although the review in question seems to have been taken down). Following comments give the impression of decent food, but smug and patronising service.

Seen in that light does the reply come over as more prickly than the owner really wanted?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

I loved reading that, and can totally understand the owners perspective!

Here they are, putting in all the hours on the earth to run their business, and with all the futurity some fingers on a keyboard can bring, someone slates their hard work.

It's really tough to keep calm!

But keep calm you must.

There's nothing wrong with explaining your side to correct the situation, or making a statement, but in all consumer resolution it should be:

Apologise - Either for not making it clear enough at the time
Explain - Why the situation occured
Resolve - Offer them something small and cheap as a freebie on their return.

What is being said inside your head should often stay there!

The First Choice for First Aid
From Cardiff to Calcutta...

Every restaurant has the right not to serve someone, even lawyers. Companies need to be able to stand up for what they believe without fear of a negative review or as in this case has the right to full reply. 

Of course this reply needs to be measured and factual (as was this one in the main). I actually love the response but it does go that bit too far and if it wasnt for the posted mono-log it actually would read even better.

As long as these kind of replies are limited and not to every review then personally i think its fine.

Clive

Good for them I say, you cant threaten and leave a bad review without the company having the right for a fair comeback and they certainly did that, and I think explained the situation in a way anybody could grasp and sympathy would not be with a lawyer!

Angela
My views & opinions are my own

This Thread is now closed for comments