Advertising strategy to get new business clients for Endorsement.

By : Business Start Up
Published 11th October 2012 |
Read latest comment - 10th November 2012

Hi,

I have been presented with an opportunity of having access to a number of celebrities for endorsement deals.

My current challenge is finding the right way to advertise and promote the business as i want to set up as a freelance and best method to approach businesses for potential sales, with out the huge expense of advertising.

Any advise in regards to promoting my business and best way to approach companies, would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

RMcPherson
Comments
Hi there, and welcome to the forum.

Planning to launch a business with no advertising budget or marketing plan isn't going to be a fast track to success. If budget is scarce, maybe concentrate on social media, ie build up a targeted twitter and FB following.

As for approaching companies, depends what it is you are actually offering, and what size of company you are targeting. Larger ones will have an inhouse marketing contact, smaller ones you're prob better speaking to the owner direct.

Maybe networking events could be a good one?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

You need to consider the type of customer you're hoping to attract before you opt for a celebrity endorsement scheme, I feel. Will they be impressed? And will they be more likely to remember the celebrity than your product or service?

In my own market, I feel fairly sure prospective clients wouldn't give two hoots about a celebrity endorsement.

They want advice they can trust to guide their future choices on education and careers. I have to show on the web site and when they ring me that I understand their situations and have the professional knowledge and code of ethics to help them.

I don't think they'd be impressed by (eg) Janet Street-Porter saying "sign up with Linda, she'll see you right". And I couldn't afford Janet's help either!!!

Linda
CareersPartnershipUK

Freelance ? Oh no...replace that with consultant/consultancy

LTL

This type of business is something where social media can pay off nicely.
Here's an idea:
How about you take some pictures of yourself with the celebrities, post them online and hope they go viral. That and a link back to a website that tells everyone what you do.
If you build such a portfolio, that's very useful when you sell to businesses, because that's something they can see.
Alternatively or additionally, you can approach small local newspapers ... mention celebrities and I'm sure they'll be happy to include your story.

clevertim

This Thread is now closed for comments