E-mail address for email marketing

By : Growing Business
Published 3rd August 2012 |
Read latest comment - 8th September 2012

I have a service. Want to marketing by email in USA and UK. But I have not enough email address. How can I collect it. Give me any free tools and advice?

nashir
Comments
I have a service. Want to marketing by email in USA and UK. But I have not enough email address. How can I collect it. Give me any free tools and advice?

From my experience, there's 2 ways to build a marketing list. Organically, ie from your own content and people subscribing, or buying in email lists.

Organically is very slow but will see a good return

Buying in can be expensive and will be of dubious quality and I've yet to ever get a decent return, so knocked it on the head years ago

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

forum avatarDplight21
23rd August 2012 1:56 PM
Collect Mail Ids from visiting site to site, Or you can also send mails from your mail id. Just login to your mail and upload a software with message content. This will help you to sent thousand of message in an hour.

Dplight21

Collect Mail Ids from visiting site to site, Or you can also send mails from your mail id. Just login to your mail and upload a software with message content. This will help you to sent thousand of message in an hour.

Unfortunately, collecting a load of email address by scraping sites (manually or automatically) and spamming thousands of them is illegal in the states so would be weary! See the CAN-SPAM Act, although it is largely unenforced I know I wouldn't want to risk it.

As Steve mentioned, the best way by far is by building your own but it does take a while. The quickest way is to find somebody in a similar or complimentary business to you that already has the resources and offer them a Joint Venture. This would usually be you offering a service free/discounted to their customers or asking them to promote something for you and let them take a cut.

In return customers would have to go to your website and enter their email address to claim their goody.

EDIT: I should also mention that even if you do ask somebody to work with you and they say no, try to form a relationship because you never know what might come of it and could lead to future opportunities.

OLBNow

Use emails from huge targeted fasebook pages.

Mepooooo

Use emails from huge targeted fasebook pages.

How so? Just go to facebook and see how many high profile email addresses you can find? Somehow I don't really think that is going to get you popular with the folks around those parts. Besides the fact, you can only send emails to people if they have opted in to receive them. The only real way you can do that is by adding a webform on your site for them to subscribe to. If you have their permission, you can send them emails. If not? The reason is in the post above you

Thanks,
Dreamraven

This Thread is now closed for comments