Business Cards?

By : Business Start Up
Published 20th June 2012 |
Read latest comment - 1st November 2012

Hello everybody!!

In the new Internet era, is there still space for something so traditional like business cards? I'm wondering this because I found a website where they make them magnetic and I thought it could be a good idea, I shouldn't have to invest too much money, but I don't want it to be a waste.

What do you think?

Thank you very much!!

Kevin.1984
Comments
I think business cards are still useful. Not necessary, but definitely a good tool.

Actually, I think the best use of a business card is to use it to get the other person's business card, when "networking". The magnet idea is allright, but I don't know if many people would put them on their fridge tbh. I would go with a well planned traditional one, with a picture(important imo).

Key Habits

Really depends on your business and what it is you want to achieve.

I had a card given to me by a carpet fitter which i still have stuck to my freezer so in his line of work it is going to help to generate return business.

Does that help?

Clive

Hello everybody!!

In the new Internet era, is there still space for something so traditional like business cards? I'm wondering this because I found a website where they make them magnetic and I thought it could be a good idea, I shouldn't have to invest too much money, but I don't want it to be a waste.

What do you think?

Thank you very much!!

They are definitely still very important. Especially when attending networking events and you are still expected to have them with many large clients. We provide CD business cards but not sure about whether these have real benefits to hand out to everyone. They are good when supplying with an introduction because you can add mush more with web interaction and links to your website. I mention this because you mentioned magnetic ones but surely they still cost more than a standard card and are just a gimmick with no real extra promotional benefits.
We supply much more standard card than CD type naturally.

garlex

We got ours from goodprint - they do some really good deals and are quite cheap

enterprisepe

I wouldn't reccomend magnetic though - not easy for someone to slip into their wallet

enterprisepe

I shouldn't have to invest too much money, but I don't want it to be a waste.

What do you think?

Are you talking with an idea of buying into the business?

I know someone on here started a Biz Card business, he sold metal business cards. The idea was that they were gimicky and stood out, but the reality was they were too expensive, so no demand meant no business Just food for thought.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Non-traditional business cards are really a cool marketing material. The success of it varies from business to business. You should just try them out.

Thanks,
longlivemedia

forum avatarClearcandy1
1st November 2012 12:30 PM
I think in the new Internet era the traditional business cards are useful and valuable.

Clearcandy1

This Thread is now closed for comments