Online Competitions as a marketing ploy?

By : Administrator
Published 11th April 2011 |
Read latest comment - 20th April 2011

Anyone had any experience of running an online competition, as a means of a marketing exercise.

eg, "sign up and have a chance of winning an iPod" etc

Be interested to hear how anyones experiences or pitfalls.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments
forum avatarGuest
16th April 2011 10:45 AM
You Kidding.........It's what I did for 10 years!

Pluses
Comps are great for brand awareness, building up a database lists, encouragement to try or buy and can be placed on many competition related directories and websites.

Pitfalls
Competition Junkies! Some people spend all day, every day search the web for competitions to enter. They will never in a million years buy anything or use your services. Be careful you stay within the "prize draw" rules and regs otherwise you can find yourself a the edge of the lottery rules and regs and that's a whole different ball game!

You Kidding.........It's what I did for 10 years!

Aha! Yeah I knew that

I think we can bypass the comp junkies by making it business owners only.

Been reading up on the lottery regs, now I see why brain drain daytime TV has those daft questions "what is the capital of the UK" to win a

Steve Richardson

We have just finished running one for a client it went mad we did it for an IPAD2 within 3 hours it was all over the comp sites and he has over 13,000 email addresses now but the likely hood is 99% are probably never ever going to buy anything

Thanks,
Kevin.Wiles

within 3 hours it was all over the comp sites and he has over 13,000 email addresses now but the likely hood is 99% are probably never ever going to buy anything

interesting feedback, key seems to be to try and ensure any entries are targeted.

Steve Richardson

forum avatarGuest
20th April 2011 8:47 PM
Been reading up on the lottery regs, now I see why brain drain daytime TV has those daft questions "what is the capital of the UK" to win a

This Thread is now closed for comments