Advertising Ideas Needed Please!

By : Forum Moderator
Published 7th April 2011 |
Read latest comment - 5th January 2012

Hi Folks,

I'm starting some advertising in a Nuffield gym in Doncaster in May for my web design company.

It's a 20 second commercial which will be played 4 times an hour, for the full duration of their opening times 7 days a week. It will appear on the TV screens in the gym (across the back wall in front of all the cardio machines) and in the cafe, played in between music videos and the music will still be played over it, so it's visual only as far as my ad is concerned.

I need to decide what text and animation/graphics to use and wondering if it should have a relative headline something on the lines of "Does your website look as good as you do?" or "Is your website getting the same attention as your body right now" now they are just what spring to mind right now, off the top of my head as I write this. Or does this sound cheesy? Or do you think it won't matter, or should stick to words that don't connect in any way to fitness/body/gym/etc?

Any ideas or feedback is welcome. Never done a commercial before so that aspect is also new, let alone advertising in a gym.

They are ABC1, and stay an average of 2hrs. There is an average of 12,000 footfall per week, from a membership base of approx 3,500 (who go there an average 3 times a week).

PS I can change the commercial twice at no extra cost, during the 12 month period, so i'm mostly looking at something that will initially be used for the first 3 months to see how it goes, and then review it and see if it is connecting with the audience, and producing enquiries as a result.

Thanks

indizine
indizine
Comments
Hi

I have seen this before they are very quick to display and sometimes you cannot see it all so make sure the message you want to convey screams out to people.

Something related to the gym would be a good idea and would probably make them look and think twice which is key. I think you should try and connect it to the gym somehow like you stated with some of your examples.

It

Thanks,
Kevin.Wiles

What a great idea!

In my on and off gym membership moods, (currently back on!) staring at the screen is the only thing that stops you remembering how boring or knackering the bike or running machines are.

Current adverts I've seen tend to be fitness/food and drinks related, but can't see any reason why it wouldn't work for any other biz.

Adverts are same format as what your saying, visual with music played over the top, and they all seem to go for the cheesy obvious approach.

Image of a big bottle of water, then big letters, keeping your fluids up will make your work out 25% more effective, or something like that.

But it's all obvious, no need to think about it, the image and message is imprinted on your brain as the advert cycles during your 60 min session. So I'd go for blatantly obvious, and visually bright and positive. I think your ideas are great, put a link between the gym and your website.

Having a great work out? Lets hope your business is while your here! For the ultimate online presence call....

Looking good and feeling good? Why not give the same attention to your website?

Ok, so I'm not the most creative....

Be very interested to know how it works out for you, have thought of post office counter video advertising, but never a gym. Can't beat a captive audience!

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Thank you guys, much appreciated, so far sounds like a gym-related catch phrase should be used. I need to come up with something in this next day or two. I'll let you see the final result.

I can have upto 3-4 screen changes in that 20 seconds. Actually 20 seconds 4 times an hour isn't bad since repetitiveness is what is needed for memory recall. I need to brainwash people into calling me! Hmmm...how can I do that?!!

There is a reason they using those annoying go compare or safestyle UK chaps but think I will give that a miss!

I get bored when on cardio machines too....glad it's not just me!

indizine
indizine

Sounds exciting ...

In your shoes, I'd be thinking "Someone else must have done something similar somewhere else - can I grab any of their ideas and save myself their mistakes if I check what they've done (eg by googling)?".

Linda
CareersPartnershipUK

Yep, good thinking there batman, never occurred to me to check that way but i'll go off and do that.

indizine
indizine

forum avatarjitendra1990
1st January 2012 11:14 PM
Advertising in a gym can be a wasteful. Thinking about it, nobody goes to the gym to view adverts and be sold to, we go to the gym to work out and keep fit and healthy. Maybe in the future you should reconsider were you advertise. Unless of course, you already thought things through and you wanted to target gym goers or a specific niche

how much does it cost to advertise in gym like that?

BoBo_184

This Thread is now closed for comments