forum avatar

How to promote your site quickly

By
Published 10th August 2010 |
Read latest comment - 24th December 2010

HOW TO PROMOTE YOUR SITE QUICKLY
This is a quick response to the often asked question "How to promote your site" [for example, the "which is more effective thread"]. In order to promote your site quickly, you need to understand a bit about marketing and a bit about organisation:

MARKETING
Marketing can be a complex a subject as you want to make it (and you should attempt to get your head around all the models), but it boils down to:

Segmentation
Comments
Its a good post, and I agree with all of the points apart from the title. None of these I would say would promote your site "quickly".

If speed to market is the key requirement, eg capturing a particular audience, maybe kids clothes and the new school year, or xmas etc, then (assuming you have a site up and running) I would go for a PPC campaign.

Then implement the previous post as a medium to longterm strategy, IMHO.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

I would have to agree with steve PPC is pretty instant. Anything else including seo takes time.

Ryan

forum avatarBruceflea
11th August 2010 9:50 AM
I agree with Scootek and Steve. I started recently with a blog and have taken on the responsibility for the twitter account and these are definitely not a 'quick' option to promoting the site.

The main problem I am having is getting traffic to my blog and judging from the analytics, our main site is getting little to nothing from the blog.

Hey

This is such a great post, wanted to say thanks for all the information on here, very informative and useful.

Myself I haven't done anything with facbook or twitter but I'll be enquiring to that with my manager and see what he says, because I realise you can just click the little button to share a blog on facebook and twitter, which can instantly provide more backlinks and generate more interest.

Thanks alot

I4Visual

forum avataravonlaptop
12th August 2010 2:32 PM
pay per click has to be the fastest option surely.

pay per click has to be the fastest option surely.

We recently started using googles ppc advertising and so far we are very pleased at the increase in calls/ bookings and the small amount it is costing.
Has increased our online presence no end.

We recently started using googles ppc advertising and so far we are very pleased at the increase in calls/ bookings and the small amount it is costing.
Has increased our online presence no end.

What does your average PPC cost?

For us if we want PPC, and say the keywords "IT Support London", it's roughly

Ryan

What does your average PPC cost?

For us if we want PPC, and say the keywords "IT Support London", it's roughly

forum avatarAloe Supplements
20th August 2010 12:40 AM
IT is very expensive to use but its worth trying to get traffic, exposure and customers..

This Thread is now closed for comments