Will you keep any changes after the lockdown?

By : Forum Moderator
Published 21st May 2020 |
Read latest comment - 6th June 2020

As restrictions ease a little and businesses start to reopen in some sectors, we can think about what is next. For many they started to work from home for the first time and that new found time from no commute may be something they are not keen to give up again! Those with children may be itching to get back to the office.

More businesses are starting to understand that letting staff work in an Agile way is more productive. An exmple of this coule be giving people the autonomy to manage their own workload and timescales. You would allocate a task or project to someone and they estimate a delivery date then get on with it. No need to micromanage or check when they are working, just trust they will deliver. Being Agile means you can adapt to change and can allow people to work in their own way, rather than having very set processes in place.

There is also the matter of the comfort and safety at home. Many have not got an ergonomic set up as they didn't have time to arrange a desk and chair or don't have space. But this is the employer's responsibility and they must provide you with the correct equipment for your workstation and you should have an assessment done. 

But assuming the set up is right and the management style works, will you want to stay at home? Will the restaurants who deliver at the moment carry on that service? Will I stay working in my camper van?

Yes, you heard right, I set up in my camper van for the lockdown as soon as my husband was furloughed. It was the only way to get some peace. I have electricity and internet! It isn't the best in hot weather but it allows for work to be done! The children have no idea I am only round the corner!! The photo below may or may not be an exact respresentation...

So will you be keeping any of the changes you made?

Comments

I do that often at work   stop off where ever I am and have lunch looking at the sea ...Not quite the same as my true home but still nice and relaxing

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

It's nice customization and very good thinking. Who drives the van when you are working?

Steve Good,
GWC India Pvt Ltd

This is a great idea! I might have to adopt a similar approach

worbs

It's nice customization and very good thinking. Who drives the van when you are working?”

Now I have visions of you are trying not to fall out of the office chair as the van goes round a corner  

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Now I have visions of you are trying not to fall out of the office chair as the van goes round a corner  

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

It's a hard life.... Wish I didn't have a chair with wheels now. 

Wow,  does great. very new thinking. We appreciate to your work.

Thanks,
fastvideolikes

Haha!!!

Steve Good,
GWC India Pvt Ltd

This Thread is now closed for comments