Outsourcing IT to South Africa

By : Forum Member
Published 19th August 2018 |
Read latest comment - 24th August 2018

Hi Guys, was really hoping to get some advice. I am seriously considering starting a company that provides an IT outsourcing service to South Africa. I have one potential client who would be interested in using resource over there.

To start it up, I would need a presence there. I know 2 people who are interested in assisting but my concern is that there is nothing stopping them from going directly to my client that I would like to sell the service to and therefore cutting me out of the equation.

Is there some way that I can mitigate this risk, possibly by putting an clause in the contract that I have with the contact in South Africa but also int he contract that I will have with the client here in the UK who would like the service?

I am still very new to this so still very much in the process of doing the ground work.

Fishfinger
Comments

ooooh I don't know but I'm sure someone on here does.  Maybe think about minimum contract lengths they have to agree to, as long as you hit your SLAs. I guess you could add in that the person in SA cannot approach your clients, in the same way some employers do with employees, stopping them being able to run off with clients and set up on their own. I know a client of mine who took on people to help her out made them sign that they couldn't set up a similar business within 2 years of working with her. 

Even if you have a contract in place, would you have enough funds to take others in a different country to court, should anything go wrong?....  

Thanks,
Barney

Even if you have a contract in place, would you have enough funds to take others in a different country to court, should anything go wrong?....  ”

That's a good point.

Even if you have a contract in place, would you have enough funds to take others in a different country to court, should anything go wrong?....  ”

Especially in South Africa.The exchange rate is horrendous and is only going to get worse as land reforms go ahead and farm murders gets press coverage

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Especially in South Africa.The exchange rate is horrendous and is only going to get worse as land reforms go ahead and farm murders gets press coverage

I got offered £5 a blog by a South African company recently....I declined!

There's actually nothing wrong with the working force .My 1 Nephew does I.T over there for a company here and it works out quite well and they do work hard , sometimes well into the night or early starts.. Most South Africans are like that to be fair hard working and willing to do things others wont  

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

This Thread is now closed for comments