why do they allow taxis and not coaches

By : Forum Member
Published 21st November 2017 |
Read latest comment - 23rd November 2017

Subject: Air quality

I recently read in the latest copy of route one an article from G J Bagnall, I wish everyone was as honest as him and us, utter dis-belief that taxis that are PSV vehicle are exempt from ANY Charges and yet again, lets charge the coach companies. This must go under some sort of discrimination against coach companies why does the Mayor allow the worst polluting vehicles to BE exempt and Euro 4 coaches with retrofit to be fined. What is the point trying to be legal and fit euro standard exhaust when there not considered any good?

i agree with the air quality but its not fair to hit certain groups and not others or ban the lot. New operators cant maintain the constant rises or extra funding for new exhausts or engines.

TFL are ok with all tax payers money to play with, the new route master will need a new engines or equivalent.

A disgrace to the industry in my opinion, why does no group get in touch and sort this out, or is it more im alright jack by some companies, i spent time on line to add my reason and it looks like the coach companies were ignored as usual. It’s about time the coach companies acted instead of sitting on the fence and hoping it will go away. The CPT should start backing the coach industry even it meant taking the government and mayor’s office to court, it’s always the coach companies that get the raw deal.

It’s been proved that coaches are less polluted than most other vehicles as they have special exhaust systems which are expensive to fit, so what does the mayor do he makes the worst polluted vehicles exempt for 5 years, and give them a scheme to buy new vehicles, or help towards the cost, but there still not happy, they want more money,

I believe this to be decimating towards coach companies who try and keep pollution low, what makes it worse is taxi and coaches are both PCV vehicles and should be allowed the same as taxis which are psv’s

Does the mayor not like coaches? Or has he a clue?

Connelly Coaches

Thanks,
John
Comments

Perhaps a bus blockade around his house is in order .... Can't really comment tbh as don't really know much about your predicament , but hope something good comes your way  

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

I don't know much about it but it does sound really unfair. But you know what they say, if you want something done, do it yourself. Why not start a petition and get other coach companies to join in? 

I don't know much about it but it does sound really unfair. But you know what they say, if you want something done, do it yourself. Why not start a petition and get other coach companies to join in? ”

GREAT  IDEA, Its in the latest coach weekly mag, lets hope some answer me

Thanks,
John

Keep us posted on your campaign! 

Feel your pain John, but great to hear from you again 

Please keep us updated with your campaign and let us know if there is anything we can do to help. 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments