Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Who Cares Tuesday?

By : Administrator
Published 24th October 2017 |
Read latest comment - 30th November 2017

Uh oh we're heading to that time of year again when we get bombarded with promotions and special one day only offers, as the retailers fight it out to boost their annual sales.

I've just heard there is also a Green Monday,  apparently the 2nd Monday in December.

Maybe we should just make every day in December a special shopping day 

So are you as cynical as me or do you look forward to collecting genuine bargains. From a business point of view do you take advantage of the hype and cash in?

Has it worked well for you in the past? I do you like the idea of a Who Cares Tuesday as an antidote to the Christmas hype, but I guess my attitude would be different if I was selling relevant products and could cash in 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

I don't sell products so I'm not involved business wise, but as a consumer it does seem a bit ridiculous. I think there are sometimes deals to get but more often than not it's hype and the so called huge discounts are only on overpriced products anyway. 

My friend seems to get some great bargains from Amazon every year but I'm not sure I'm dedicated enough for it! I certainly won't be duking it out in Asda over the last wide-screen TV. 

I just carry on as usual , no point in giving stuff away as then they only just return it ..lol

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Did anyone get any bargains? I bought some gifts from the NFL shop with 30% off as I wanted to get them anyway. But they seem to have regular sales. I've deleted SO MANY emails about it all. Very irritating. 

Nope not me .. I couldn't really be bothered with yet another stupid American day ...

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Nope not me .. I couldn't really be bothered with yet another stupid American day ...”

If I get one more email about cyber Monday being specially extended. .... Grrrrrr

LOL I'm sure it isn't Friday still ,but I'm still getting them too .. Although I have to love group-on , their Black Friday prices were exactly the same as the day before

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

LOL I'm sure it isn't Friday still ,but I'm still getting them too .. Although I have to love group-on , their Black Friday prices were exactly the same as the day before”

Groupon is the worst, it goes straight into my spam 

There was a company advertising on the radio THIS MORNING; "Hurry our Black Friday sale ends this Thursday!"

I shouted at the top of my voice (I was in my car at the time ) "Then why call it Black FRIDAY?! You might as well call it 'Black Week With An Extra Few Days Thrown In If We Feel Like It' !!"

Grrrrrrrrrr 

Many thanks,
Natalie - Your Local Girl Friday

Black Friday rage used to be people fighting over TVs is Asda/Walmart, now it is anger over excessive marketing and annoying emails.  

(We really need an eyeroll emoji by the way Steve!)

This Thread is now closed for comments