Will the June election go ahead?

By : Forum Member
Published 19th April 2017 |
Read latest comment - 22nd April 2017

As most of us know, as it has been all over the news. Theresa May has called for a snap election on June 8th of this year. Don't ask me why she has called for this election when she has over two years left until there has to be another election 

The nation is very confused as Theresa May herself has performed what the BBC have called a 'U-turn' as she previously stated she would not be calling an early poll. The only way this election will take place is if two thirds of MPs back the move and agree that this should take place. 

So far the Labour party and the Liberal Democrats have welcomed the early vote with open arms, and I wonder why 

The BBC have reported that:

In her interview with the Sun on Wednesday, Mrs May said "political game playing" risked hampering her Brexit negotiations, with some opponents "trying to stop us every step of the way".

Explaining her U-turn, she said she had had a "real opportunity to think this through" during a walking holiday in Wales with her husband over Easter.

"What I hope comes out of the election is support from the public to say we agree with their plan for Brexit, so that when I go into Europe I've got that backing of the British people," she added.

Personally with me knowing very minimal about politics, I am quite interested to see what happens with this and where it goes from here. 

Thanks, Rachael Kennedy
MLS Marketing Team
Comments

Me too ... But am getting bored with it all as there is so much in fighting it is unreal and Mp's etc throwing their toys out the cot as they can't get there own way.. The radio played some of it on the radio and it reminded me of a drunken evening trying to get your point across 

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

This Thread is now closed for comments