Berlin Tragedy

By : Forum Member
Published 20th December 2016 |
Read latest comment - 21st December 2016

Terrible news to hear about the tragedy in Berlin, especially this close to Christmas 

German police are investigating a "probable terrorist attack" after a man ploughed a lorry into a Christmas market in the heart of Berlin, killing 12 people and injuring 48.

The driver has been reported as a Muslim asylum seeker therefore they are saying the likelihood of it being a terrorist attack is very high.

My thoughts go out to all the families and friends of those who were killed and injured, not a very nice time to be losing loved ones. 

When will this heartache stop. 

R.I.P to those who were killed.

Thanks, Rachael Kennedy
MLS Marketing Team
Comments

Awful news and a reflection on the current unhappy and chaotic world we seem to live in

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Very sad at any time of the year, but especially so at Christmas.

Will be interesting to see how long it takes for the attacker to be found, hopefully alive, so that German Police can establish whether he is a refugee or not.  If he is, this will be proof that Mrs Merkel's "open door" policy was wrong and will be her political downfall.   Interestingly, on the news this morning it was reported that there is little or no CCTV coverage as Germany (like USA) considers it to be an invasion of privacy.  Rightly or wrongly, the UK has amongst the highest CCTV coverage in the world.

JuliaP

Interestingly, on the news this morning it was reported that there is little or no CCTV coverage as Germany (like USA) considers it to be an invasion of privacy.  Rightly or wrongly, the UK has amongst the highest CCTV coverage in the world.”

Very sad times.

The only people who have to fear CCTV are those who are on the wrong side of the Law.

I will take personal protection and my safety any day over the ridiculous liberals who spout on about invasion of privacy blah blah

Clive

The only people who have to fear CCTV are those who are on the wrong side of the Law.

That's what I say as well.. I don't think the recordings are kept it just a way of keeping track of everything..It doesn't really bother me that I may be on TV as it is better to be safe .. What I do take aversion to is using it to trap people in cars for the smallest of things, that is wrong

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

This Thread is now closed for comments