Medal fraudsters to be jailed

By : Administrator
Published 25th November 2016 |
Read latest comment - 25th November 2016

Finally a common sense bill is going through the commons at the moment, criminalising those that falsely wear medals that they are not entitled to. 

I've met a few civvy wafflers over the years, normally claiming to be an ex marines or SAS. Never the Catering Corp or MT drivers 

But I don't know how anyone, ex military or civilian can look people in the eye and knowingly wear medals they haven't earned 

Lock them up and throw away the key, or use them as cannon fodder in some far flung hotspot and earn them properly 

Obviously I'm not including relatives medals that you are allowed to wear on the opposite side as a mark of respect.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

Totally agree Steve.

Guy was caught out recently in Liverpool (I think) by an eagle eyed ex-Serviceman who challenged him about his British Legion approval.  Also down there in the gutter are the low life who steal charity boxes and deface memorials.

Used to work with someone who claimed to have long associations with the military.  He'd worked on one military project for a previous employer so considered himself an "authority"......  

JuliaP

Never really understood what people get out of doing this, although disrespectful to those that have served and earned their medals.... I sort of hold it on par with others who exaggerate their CV's.... not sure I'd be jailing them embarrassing them in public tends to do the trick.... I have seen a few join regimental facebook pages and they are usually 'outed' before they've done half a dozen postings..... 

Thanks,
Barney

This Thread is now closed for comments