Dogs in Garden Centres

By : Forum Member
Published 14th November 2016 |
Read latest comment - 15th November 2016

I am a dog lover, but think this is a step too far...

Visited large garden centre near Birmingham Airport yesterday.  It was very busy, not only with people but dogs large and small.  This business now has a Costa near the entrance in addition to their own restaurant at the back of the store and there's also a fresh food section near the tills.  What concerned me was I heard barking coming from the restaurant.  Really put me off even having a drink there.

A local garden centre that sells food has banned dogs for hygiene reasons.  I thought this applied to all such premises.  I realise guide dogs are an exception as it is obvious they are not just the family pet.

JuliaP
Comments

I've yet to fathom out what the hygiene risks are with a dog, I wouldn't have thought they were anymore a health risk than what they are indoors at home.... what exactly are you expecting to catch? They even use dogs in oap homes, disabled homes, hospitals.... not sure whether they put them in a sheep dip first but use them they do....

Thanks,
Barney

Depends on the type of restaurant, Korean ones can be quite welcoming 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

I've yet to fathom out what the hygiene risks are with a dog”

Well there was a chihuahua(actually walking rather than being carried) that was eyeing up one of the displays for a call of nature.......

JuliaP

This Thread is now closed for comments