Sent Items Email

By : Forum Member
Published 3rd May 2016 |
Read latest comment - 6th January 2017

Ok one for the nerds, I use outlook 2007 for my email, it's been fine up until this year, when the 'sent email' no longer retains the sent emails.... Had a quick look on the internet and it seems others have all suffered with outlook sent emails being stored. I see a couple of responses to getting the problem resolved, but a lot of it is gobbledegook to me and likewise I don't know whether these are correct solutions or will make matters worse. 

So my question is, does anyone know how to restore this function in the least amount of moves? And is it possible, to restore the previously sent emails? I assume they are now hidden in the depths of this computer and cannot be deleted unless i delete them.... Thanks for your help....

Thanks,
Barney
Comments

Hi Barney

That's is a tough question... I found this 1... link 

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Cheers Andy, the funny thing is, is that those settings were already in place and have been since it was installed over 5 years ago.... So not sure why they keep vanishing....

Thanks,
Barney

Cheers Andy, the funny thing is, is that those settings were already in place and have been since it was installed over 5 years ago.... So not sure why they keep vanishing....”

No email guru (we outsource ours to cobweb.com for an easy life), but maybe if your mail file has grown too big and windoze is trying to limit the size. Just guessing and could be talking cobblers, but I had to start archiving mail last year as my Outlook client was running like a dog and odd things kept happening. 

I was keeping emails going back 10 years, including attachments. Now, any important emails/attachments etc, we drag them into a windows folder, where we have a logical structure and it's backed up. 

The sooner we can all scrap email the better

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Doubt that would ever happen ,although I do wish they would start charging levies on bulk emails to stop spammers.

SO Barney I take it that was no good ..

How many emails you got in the sent folder try moving them to a new folder called something else.It's gonna be hard trying to find a issue.... What you could try is er completely removing outllook and try reinstalling again ...

I personally hate outlook 2007 + the rest .. I did love the now defunct microsoft email ,but now use incredimail and it is super

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

I was keeping emails going back 10 years, including attachments....... 

The sooner we can all scrap email the better

I've got emails going back further than 10 years!

I don't want to start off a discussion (on what really is a separate issue), but I've heard this thing about scrapping emails, and (I may regret saying this), but I think it's a total load of b*ll*x!

I cannot see emails EVER being scrapped.  Some people will use email, some won't, but in general, I seriously doubt emailing will ever disappear.

Thanks,
ITGeek007

I don't think it ever will ,although the format may change as to how it is sent in years to come

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

I cannot see emails EVER being scrapped.  Some people will use email, some won't, but in general, I seriously doubt emailing will ever disappear.

Just to be awkward, I can  The sooner the better.

All we are talking about is communication, of which email can be hugely inefficient. Spending at least an hour a day emptying an inbox or responding to emails can't be the best use of someones time.

I've no doubt email will be superseded by a newer technology or morph into an unrecognisable as yet unseen format, as peoples working habits and communication styles change. Probably more real-time, collaborative, rather than static question and answer, as peoples expectations on response times increase.

"I sent you an email an hour ago and you haven't responded..."  <delete>

20 years ago you would have been locked up if you talked about self driving cars. 15 years ago people never would have believed a small hand held device could serve as a phone as well as run an office.

The humble email has served us well for a long time, but is now ready for an evolutionary change IMHO.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Not sure what is going on to be honest...... I deleted everything going back to 2011 there were over 5000 unread items in the deleted items box anyway..... Not sure why we actually keep it in the first place, maybe we're all secret hoarders...... As for the 'sent' box this does come in handy if someone queries something or I check what I have sent to someone.... But now the most emails stored in this location is 10 at that point it just self deletes..... The other thing I have noticed is that I'm pretty sure it use to say who the receiver was, now it just says who sent it..... and unless I open it I have no idea who it is to....

Thanks,
Barney

Hey Steve,

Happy new year btw! (and to everyone else)

Sorry to revive a six month old thread (but thought it was appropriate), but wondered if you'd heard of Hiri at all. (I'm guessing you have?)

It's a new take on the old email system.  What do you think?  Or have you not had a proper chance yet?

Cheers!

Thanks,
ITGeek007

This Thread is now closed for comments