Newsletters and System Email Help - do you use "no-reply"?

By : Administrator
Published 18th June 2014

This is something that has been on my to do list for years 

We send out lots of emails, from system generated ones for new listings, confirmation of email addresses, lost passwords, news letters, sales mails etc.

Currently our emails use a variety of addresses depending on the purpose of the email, eg listings@ info@ admin@ etc. We then use a blackhole address that captures most autoresponders and bounce messages to stop us getting swamped.

We state on emails not to reply to this email, and to contact info@ if they have a query, but some enquires inevitably get routed to our black hole account, which we have to sift through periodically.

To make it more obvious that an email address is unmonitored, I'm thinking about moving all system emails and non reply emails to be sent from no-reply@mylocalservices.co.uk

I know a lot of organisations do this, and in my mind it makes more sense, and is more obvious to the recepiant that this is a non reply email (especially if re-enforced in the message as well).

Is there a down side or anyone see a problem with this strategy? 

Would sending out emails from no-reply@ be more likely to trip spam filters, so reduce open and response rate? Does anyone use or have experience of using no-reply addresses?

Is there a better way of doing it, should it be noreply or no-reply, or doesn't it make any difference? 

Thought I would canvass opinion before we did anything 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments
This Thread is now closed for comments