Query On Personal Messages?

By : Forum Member
Published 5th May 2014 |
Read latest comment - 11th December 2014

Have we now done away with being able to send PM's to other forum members? Not a big deal if we have, I was just trying to work out how but drew a blank....

Thanks,
Barney
Comments

Hi Barney

Yep, at least for now. There's been a couple of comments ref the PM system:

Feedback from new member

On vBulletin (the old forum software) it was abused at times by new members doing sales pitches, so I decided to leave it out the first release of the new forum and see if it was actually used. I didn't think it was, but it appears it is misses, and as Sandra flagged, if the forum gets busier it will become handy.

So definitely on the wish list for version 2, which can include anything else we've forgotten or tweaks

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Well to be honest I never used it previously on the old forum, although I would have used it today had it been available... not to worry

Thanks,
Barney

Yup all done and live now, now we remembered to switch it on  

So closing this thread.

Steve Richardson

Yup all done and live now, now we remembered to switch it on  

So closing this thread.”

Ok we've either got gremlins or some rank amateur accidentally overwrote something.. ahem 

Dreamraven and Indizine both flagged they couldn't work out the Private Messaging, which is because it was locked in test mode only working for me and Clive. Paul our long suffering developer has just re-uploaded the correct page and it's erm now working again... 

So finally, PM is working. I'll get my coat..

Steve Richardson

Ok we've either got gremlins or some rank amateur accidentally overwrote something.. ahem 

Dreamraven and Indizine both flagged they couldn't work out the Private Messaging, which is because it was locked in test mode only working for me and Clive. Paul our long suffering developer has just re-uploaded the correct page and it's erm now working again... 

So finally, PM is working. I'll get my coat..

Sometimes its great being the technophobe at the company - i can't get blamed for this 

Clive

This Thread is now closed for comments