How much is a haircut in Paris?

By : Forum Moderator
Published 21st March 2019 |
Read latest comment - 29th March 2019

The answer is £90 (ish). The World's top ten most expensive cities (and top ten cheapest) were announced. Paris was top alongside Hong Kong and Singapore. The cheapest place to live is Caracas in Venezuela. I had a friend at school who was born there as her dad worked for Shell, I have never been though. I have been to Paris a few times and it IS expensive. C'est la vie! 

Will Brexit affect any of this? Will London become more expensive? Nothing gets cheaper that's for sure. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47617206

Comments

Will Brexit affect any of this?

Don’t know......... But looking forward to finding out.....

Thanks,
Barney

Mine are free lol . Haven't paid for a haircut in about 13 to 15 years , so would hate to find out how much they cost now ,let alone after

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Don’t know......... But looking forward to finding out.....

Really? I'm still hoping it's all a bad dream....

Really? I'm still hoping it's all a bad dream....

Yes, more so now than in 2016...... Too much scaremongering has been going on.... regardless about the “oh but we were lied to”... that maybe true, but then we were all lied to from all sides. For people to suggest that none of us knew what we were voting for, is in my opinion an insult to everyone who participated in the referendum. In fact we can use the argument of not knowing what we are voting for at every General Election on the basis that every political party’s manifesto goes out the window, once elected. But more importantly we are a democratic country, one person, one vote....  Once that fundamental right that every U.K. citizen has, has been taken away then we do no longer live in a democracy..... We live in something else.... Do you believe that the suffragettes went campaigning to get the vote..... only for their votes to count for nothing?....... if they keep asking for another referendum, then that’s fine, but they need to honour the first referendum beforehand..... and then have another referendum.... 

Thanks,
Barney

Prices will go up either way .. I remember articles back when they all turned Euro the prices went up , so that's nothing new

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Personally I’ve lost the plot as to what is happening......  cannot see the point in a general election, to re-elect the same people who weren’t competent enough in the last three years to do what 17.4 million people instructed them to do... I’m a strong believer in sacking all 650... This fiasco, that’s currently being played has cost the country billions.... As for unelected Donald Tusk, who said yesterday that Britain cannot ignore either the protest march or the 6 million online petition as the parliament to revoke article 50.......  Weirdly not once in the last 3 years has he ever said that Britain cannot ignore 17.4 million people who democratically voted to leave.... very strange.... I think, although leavers are quite calm at present it’s quite possible that they will collectively flip, and we’re back to the 80s of the poll tax riots... I just cannot believe 17.4 million are going to lie back and let this pass without a fight.... prices constantly go up in this country, look at your new council tax bill for proof, what you getting for the increase?... I’ll tell you less than what you got last year.... we’re in debt upto our eyeballs by trillions or zillions, we manipulate benefits and tax credits and pay people to do nothing and have children..... And we’re all led to believe this is the way..... Sooner or later something goes pop... as it’s no longer sustainable....  Anyone know who decided to pay farmers not to grow anything?.... Every farmer around here now drives a £100k + Range Rover.. and they will have at least 2, whilst of course paying the obligatory minimum wage to their workers...... it’s one big scam, funded by taxpayers....

Thanks,
Barney

I do agree with you about farmers as i visit quite few in doing scale repairs and yes just about all of them have expensive cars and other toys a lot of us dream of. I have often thought they not as bad off as they say.. I didn't really want May's deal I was more for a soft 1 still be part of Eu in some ways but just make our own laws etc... I see they making some crazy new law ,but for the life of me can't remember now

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

There definitely are not 17.4 million people who want to still leave though.... It's all been the most divisive thing for this country. Whichever way you voted you're currently unhappy so they've managed to upset everyone. Bunch of Muppets. 

And your evidence that 17.4 million people no longer wish to leave, comes from where exactly?... At the moment there are 18 year olds who were not old enough to vote at the time, but now they can....  so you cannot have another referendum about the same thing, with different voters..... Personally I’m hoping that the EU leaders vote and kick us out of the EU by the 12th of April....... with a no deal brexit..... Our parliament has failed to serve the people it asked to vote, in a referendum. The question was simple, stay or leave..... the margins may have been close, but that makes no difference... we in this country operate a first pass the post, not proportional representation....... We live in a democracy, millions have died for our rights to democracy.... think we should have a bill of rights in the U.K. where everything is laid out in plain English what democracy is all about, how to hold those in authority to account who decided to ignore democracy..... And if the speaker can pull out 17th century laws and legislation...... Then we might just as well bring back being hung drawn and quartered for traitors.....

Thanks,
Barney

This Thread is now closed for comments