Who still uses cash?

By : Forum Moderator
Published 7th March 2019 |
Read latest comment - 24th April 2020

I saw this article about cash today https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47456698

Do you still use cash? I have to admit I barely do now and when I need to I am scrabbling about for it. I did find a tenner in an old pair of jeans last week though.   I get an Uber when I go out so I pay automatically for that and use my debit card to pay for drinks or food when I am out or in shops. I think ice cream vans, small shops and black cabs are the only time I really need cash. Even parking you can usually pay online using an app now. 

The most interesting part of the article for me was the pub that went cash free.  A bold move but he says it saves him thousands as no more trips to the bank, less security as no cash on the premises, so insurance is also cheaper and so much time saved from cashing up and depositing it every few days. Cash is too expensive to deal with!

What do you think? Do you still prefer having a wallet full or do you just use your card (or your phone or your watch!) to pay?

Comments

lol I never have cash on me and now that they have removed the card charges I use it all the time , I can go weeks without anything

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

It's strange how much it's changed in the last few years. 

Online transaction is the best option for payments. It can also do small transaction while facing cash problems while paying cash. I have a payment application on my phone. If I have to pay at any store then I do it by phone. It's a bit strange to keep a wallet in a pocket. Keeping the wallet in the pocket in the time of this digitalization has become outdated.

Mobile Traffic for Your Website
zoeyallen6

Online transaction is the best option for payments. It can also do small transaction while facing cash problems while paying cash. I have a payment application on my phone. If I have to pay at any store then I do it by phone. It's a bit strange to keep a wallet in a pocket. Keeping the wallet in the pocket in the time of this digitalization has become outdated.”

More people are like this now. I still use my debit card or cash. I often have t pay for things like the ice cream van or an event at school and they all require cash. 

Hi,

I have using debt card and cash. Because, some of the small shop not accept the cards so I am use the cash occasionaly.  

Steve Good,
GWC India Pvt Ltd

I drew out cash at the weekend and realised it's a rare event indeed now! 

Online transaction is an easy and safe mode to buy any item. Here you do not have the tension of keeping a note in a pocket.

Thanks,
tiktokviews

I hardly ever draw cash. I have often had to walk away from buying because they don't take card.. In today's world a card machine is a must ,even if it is a PayPal 1

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

I always keep an online payment app on my phone. I likes cashless shopping more because it is easy and safe. Through this I have no problem in paying money.

likeshigh

This Thread is now closed for comments