Who has got an Amazon Echo? The future is here.

By : Forum Moderator
Published 21st September 2017 |
Read latest comment - 28th September 2017

So I gave in and let hubby buy an Amazon Echo as he sold some old phones and guess what? I love it!!! We already have WiFi controllable lights and plugs in the living room so now I can tell the Echo (Or Alexa/Computer/Amazon) to turn on the lights and change their colour. It will play any music I like from my Amazon Prime Music app, (which I use on my phone so has all the music I want on it) plus turn it up/down/skip etc. There are crazy games and funny features, which the kids love. 

I can update my calendar, get the weather report etc etc. It's endless I guess.  For me the light control and music are the selling points. It has already massively improved my life in one day. Haha. 

And no I am not paid by Amazon to endorse its products, but I seriously recommend this one! I also appreciate it has been around for a while now but this is one bandwagon I am glad I got dragged onto!

Comments

Ahh yep have an Amazon Echo, love it 

If you haven't done it already ask "Alexa how many planets are there"  Kids love that one.

Saw demo'd recently at a meeting in London a Chinese Amazon clone called "Ling Long Ding Dong"  It's actually better than the Alexa and is hugely popular in China who seem to be way ahead of us in voice search queries!

Did a blog post all about voice search and the future if anyone's interested  
Its the end of the Search Engine (as we know it)

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments