Washing Machine Repairer wanted

By : Forum Member
Published 3rd March 2017 |
Read latest comment - 9th March 2017

Can anyone recommend a reliable washing machine repairer in the North Birmingham area.  The seal has split on mine and don't fancy doing it myself.  Tried once before on previous machine but had to get neighbour to fit the metal clamp ring which nearly took our fingertips off!

I've had one quote so far but he's said the cost is "about", gave the bits different (unrecognisable) names and the e-mail was full of errors so I'm a bit wary.  Still waiting for another company to respond.  No way am I going to ao.com where I bought the machine as they want £149 for the job, on a machine I bought from them three years ago for £189.....

JuliaP
Comments

That's half the problem these days is the repairs can be almost as expensive as a replacement

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

It's certainly how the boiler manufactures operate in the UK, sell their boilers to merchants who then onward sell at below RRP knowing full well that a fair percentage will breakdown. And the spare parts which cost only a few pounds to manufacture will cost £70 - £300 to purchase....

Thanks,
Barney

Well, I've finally found someone willing to travel six miles to fix it.   He even called me when ordering the parts to ask if I was willing to pay for next day delivery as he had to order them.  Next call will be to arrange fitting.  He takes cards too!

At £48 for the whole job, I think I've got a good deal but proof will be in how good he is.  Will post a review.  

Now to sort out TV.  Keep getting colour blocks scrolling across the screen.  I think it's a tuning problem but you can't just twiddle a knob on these new ones.  Problem seems worse when it's raining but have noticed that when new neighbours move in and have cable connected I also get this problem.  No outdoor aerial, maybe one in loft just isn't good enough any more.  Very frustrating as I can see local mast from patio.  Bought an indoor signal amplifier, doesn't seem to do anything so that's going back.....

JuliaP

Washing machine sorted; will post review.

One minor misunderstanding.  He didn't take "mobile" card payment but took a cheque.  Machine now on and working properly.  Asked one company for a quote and their latest e-mail suggested I had removed one of the retaining clamps and destroyed it.  My reply was how could I when I couldn't even see it and surprise, I have now given the job to someone else.  Their loss!!

JuliaP

This Thread is now closed for comments