Who will we lose in 2017?

By : Administrator
Published 5th January 2017 |
Read latest comment - 8th February 2017

Well 2016 seemed to be a bumper year for expiring celebs, finishing off (excuse the pun) tragically with George Michael, Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds.

Theories abound to the reasons why, post war baby boomers, more exposure due to modern media and technology and a 24 hour news culture.

But the question is, how many of our heroes and stars will we lose in 2017... 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

First one appears to be Om Puri.  Bollywood actor and star of East is East.

JuliaP

First one appears to be Om Puri.  Bollywood actor and star of East is East.”

I did think  who? Then googled him before the penny dropped.

He was brilliant in East is East, with his "B****d kids" catch phrase. Saw him in another film where he opened an Indian Restaurant opposite a French one, "The Hundred-Foot Journey" with Helen Mirrem. It's a great Friday night film if you haven't seen it, where his son goes to work for the rival restaurant with lots of dark humour. 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Thanks for recommendation of "The Hundred-Foot Journey"; I'd forgotten about it.  East is East had other recognisable cast members.  His long-suffering wife now plays Nurse Phyllis in Call the Midwife.  One son is Dev in Coronation Street and another (Jimi Mistry) was Dr Fonseca in Eastenders and appeared on Strictly.  

Peter Sarstedt of "Where do you go to my lovely" fame has also passed, only those of a certain age will remember him.

Although not a celebrity in the usual meaning, Jill Saward was a tireless campaigner for better treatment of rape/attack victims.

JuliaP

Tara Palmer- TV presenter and model. Don't know if any of you know her but just announced on ITV news that she has died of a brain tumour that she kept secret from the public

Only 45 years old!! 

Thanks, Rachael Kennedy
MLS Marketing Team

This Thread is now closed for comments