Blog Script

By : Business Owner
Published 25th April 2016 |
Read latest comment - 3rd May 2016

Hey guys

I've neglected my blog for ages as I could never get on with it ,so over teh weekend I deleted it and went in search of a new version again ..As with last time I came across a multitude of blogs and tried many some worked but looked rubbish, some just plain were awful and some were so complicated I just aborted it as could not install them .....

Do any of you folk know of a good (preferably free) blog system that can be integrated into my website so I can have website name/blog ....

PLEASE DON'T SAY WORDPRESS.

As that is the 1 I have just deleted as to me it was like trying to learn quantum physics 

thanks

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World
Comments

That's exactly what I was about to recommend.... 

What problems did you have with WordPress? Would you be open to trying it again if I'd recommend you a free course or some videos to setting it all up and running it?

It's great when you get to know it, so get to know it ;)

Hey guys

I've neglected my blog for ages as I could never get on with it ,so over teh weekend I deleted it and went in search of a new version again ..As with last time I came across a multitude of blogs and tried many some worked but looked rubbish, some just plain were awful and some were so complicated I just aborted it as could not install them .....

Do any of you folk know of a good (preferably free) blog system that can be integrated into my website so I can have website name/blog ....

PLEASE DON'T SAY WORDPRESS.

As that is the 1 I have just deleted as to me it was like trying to learn quantum physics 

thanks

”

MarketingQuotes

lol where do I start , there were just to many things going on.. I installed it about a year ago, tried to get it working and make posts etc but I just couldn't get on with it..I suppose it is because I learnt Zencart which is completely different to WP and just can't get my head around it ..

Not sure if I am up for learning about it ,but if you have video's it might make a difference

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Ok, so won't mention wordpress again 

An alternative is www.joomla.org but suspect you may struggle if probs with WP

Why not something like www.tumblr.com and let them do the hard work for you?

Or Googles www.blogger.com think it's still going?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

I'm more than willing to find you the videos on youtube or a free course on WordPress, but just in case I'm misinterpreting your posts... could you clarify what exactly do you need help on?

You said that you've installed it. That's out of the way.

Did you struggle on running it aka posting, themes and managing all that stuff?

Or maybe you found structuring your blog a nuisance?

I'm just trying to get a sense of where you're at on the being techy scale

lol where do I start , there werejust to many things goingon.. I installed it about a year ago, tried to get it working and make posts etc but I just couldn't get on withit..I suppose it is because I learnt Zencart which is completely different to WP and just can't get my head aroundit ..

Not sure if I am up for learning about it ,but if you have video's it might make a difference

MarketingQuotes

Installing isn't the problem as it is just a script via my host site ,really was trying to find a theme that worked ,settings ,,basically everything you said lol ...

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Installing isn't the problem as it is just a script via my host site ,really was trying to find a theme that worked ,settings ,,basically everything you said lol ...”

Just go with blogger.com mate, google knows what it's doing 

Steve Richardson

Tried that again and it was terrible 2nd time around.I have given up on finding a decent blog system and installed wordpress AGAIN..

Just having a major headache trying to set it all up like I want , side bars keep moving and disappearing can't get home page to be home page grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Tried that again and it was terrible 2nd time around.I have given up on finding a decent blog system and installed wordpress AGAIN..

Just having a major headache trying to set it all up like I want , side bars keep moving and disappearing can't get home page to be home page grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr”

When you've cracked it, you can start a sideline as a wordpress consultant 

Steve Richardson

lol, that'll be the day , still can't do it .. I mean how hard can it be to get 3 categories to appear under the home page tab .. Although took me all of 1 day to realise you NEED a spam trap .. 1 day in I was getting spammed like  how does that happen 

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

This Thread is now closed for comments