new company

By : Forum Member
Published 26th October 2015 |
Read latest comment - 7th April 2016

I have at last took the plunge onmy own asan operator.i should have done it ages ago, I will make sure everyone is happy to my best ability i have the experience and know how.thank you all for your support

Thanks,
John connelly
Comments

I took a look at your site. I know I've suggested it before to someone here, but you would do a lot better if you'd just install WordPress and a good looking free theme. Then your site will look legit John.  And it's not hard at all.

MarketingQuotes

Not sure about "the not hard bit" .. I tried it and was a nightmare and that was just a basic blog page learnt coding easier with Zencart lol ...I suppose it's each to their own ...But I do agree wordpress does make your site a whole lot better

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

It's an interesting point, word press is easy to set up and use if you are familiar with it. There are plenty of single install set ups, and most hosting providers can set it up for you, but it can still be tricky and confusing.

But I suppose it's down to technical ability and time. As John's done his own site, I'm inclined to agree a wordpress site would be an inexpensive solution that would yield a much better online presence.

Or for the sake of a few hundred quid, get someone else to knock one out for you, leaving you to concentrate on growing the business 

We have a large coach operator near us, they have been going since 1906, have a large modern fleet, have council contracts and provide local bus routes, as well as a successful holiday excursion business. Each coach must be worth a fortune (or lease costs), yet the website is absolutely awful. Spending a few grand on a decent web presence would be loose change, but I guess for them, or their (what appear to be) primarily more elderly clients, they don't really need much of a web presence. But they are very active on social media with impressive engagement levels.

Maybe it shows for some businesses a website isn't necessarily the primary marketing tool. Maybe that's an option John, get a very simple 1 page brochure site, but then concentrate on your social media channels?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments