I love Quora - Why didn't the Nazis use the channel tunnel to invade Britain?

By : Administrator
Published 7th January 2019 |
Read latest comment - 21st January 2019

I spend far too much time on Quora, mainly in amazement of how stupid people are across the world. I can't quite work out if it is some kind of systematic laziness sweeping the global youth, an inability to use reference material, use Google, or a complete breakdown on the world wide education system.

This question in particular brings out the best and worst in humanity. The best being the superb mastery of irony and humour that binds this dysfunctional UK nation together, the worst being an American trying to explain to a Brit that the Chunnel didn't exist in 1941, and that the claim that a squaddie put a sign up saying "out of order" on both tunnels to fool the Germans wasn't true

But the sheer volume of stupid questions do make me wonder if Quora is actually just a beta testing site for a fledgling Artificial Intelligence algorithm and we are all inadvertently suckers. Once AI masters sarcasm, we are all truly screwed!

If you have 10 minutes of boredom to fill, it's enlightening... Why didn't the Nazis use the channel tunnel to invade Britain?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

Quora is a real rabbit hole isn't it? I had to cancel the emails as I was getting drawn into crazy threads, reading all sorts of wild stories! 

Never heard of it before and from what I have just read not even worth bothering about ..I get enough junk emails everyday so I don't need any more junk in my life

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Never heard of it before and from what I have just read not even worth bothering about ..I get enough junk emails everyday so I don't need any more junk in my life”

I duuno, Rebecca's right it is a rabbit hole, but I think I'm addicted   To be fair there is also loads of good stuff on there and it's great getting the perspective from say a Carrier Fighter pilot talking about his career or some of the hair raising moments  he had, or from scientists talking about issues you hadn't thought of.

Then there are the plain stupid people 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments