Sainsbury's and Asda will become one

By : Forum Moderator
Published 30th April 2018 |
Read latest comment - 15th May 2018

So what do you think about it? As a big fan of Sainsbury's and hater of Asda I am not best pleased frankly! I can't see it benefitting them, even though the report suggests prices will go down. Quality will more than likely be compromised, Asda is right down the bottom for quality in my opinion. 

I also dislike big companies getting bigger and bigger, globalisation is the enemy of us all. 

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-43945254

Comments

Yes I heard on the radio this morning .. It looks like they are trying to do the same as Tesco and Bookers who have joined up. Although not convinced prices will go down as there will be less competition. We will have to wait and see.Also they have said there may be no job losses ,so what are they going to do with stores right next door to each other there must be quite a few around.Wonder what will become of nectar.Wonder if there will be a name change .. I wonder I wonder  

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

They are definitely gathering a lot of market share by doing this as I'm sure there are a lot of shoppers in Asda that never go to Sainsbury's and vice versa. They both have really strong clothing ranges as well but I hear they will still remain. I feel like Sainsbury's are 'fairly' ethical and that's going to be compromised now, which is disappointing.  If I could afford it I'd stick to Marks and Spencer's! 

I'm putting my money on the new name being 'Asburys' 

Many thanks,
Natalie - Your Local Girl Friday

I'm putting my money on the new name being 'Asburys' 

Hahaha

To be honest I was in Sainsbury's yesterday and they were wonderful, really helpful. Chavda, sorry Asda, never seems to come close to this. I wonder if there will be a difference or if they'll simply continue to be managed differently. 

Love Asda, I'm a labels man, George  £50 shopping, wardrobe outfitted for another 2 years

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments