Are you having a Christmas do?

By : Forum Moderator
Published 29th November 2017 |
Read latest comment - 30th November 2017

So I think most of us work in fairly small businesses or for ourselves, do you still have a Christmas do? My business is just me so it is something I miss about working for a big company! 

I'm going to a networking Christmas lunch but I have to pay for myself and I can't drink. Bah humbug! 

I have chosen a dessert called a chocolate orange trash can so I'll let you know how that goes!? 

Comments

Yeah we are having 1 this year ,although the boss has cut down by half ( no partners ) lol + it is about a 20 minute journey so no drinking for me either

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

That sucks! My husband's work never invite partners although he had to miss it last year as I had night out with my friends on the same night and we don't have any babysitter options. Haha. 

Hi Rebecca

I work for myself too so I decided long ago that I would have my own Christmas do and invite anyone that has helped me along the way in my business - my sister, husband, mum (basically anyone that has had to put up with me for the last year...!) - so maybe you could do the same?

Of course, I decided to do this way before the invites to all my client's Christmas Dos came in... I now have four parties lined up and all I can think about is; is it ok to wear the same outfit to each?!?!?  

Many thanks,
Natalie - Your Local Girl Friday

Hi Rebecca

I work for myself too so I decided long ago that I would have my own Christmas do and invite anyone that has helped me along the way in my business - my sister, husband, mum (basically anyone that has had to put up with me for the last year...!) - so maybe you could do the same?

Of course, I decided to do this way before the invites to all my client's Christmas Dos came in... I now have four parties lined up and all I can think about is; is it ok to wear the same outfit to each?!?!?  

”

I don't have babysitter options for the kids so couldn't take my husband out. I am going out with friends so that will have to suffice. I haven't been invited to any client dos as most of mine are small businesses like me, maybe next year!

I think you definitely need 3 new outfits Natalie! 

This Thread is now closed for comments