Beware of employee impostors!

By : Administrator
Published 15th September 2017 |
Read latest comment - 18th September 2017

I had a very odd phone call yesterday about one our employees in Bournemouth, who was allegedly on drugs, been caught stealing and was clearly an all round bad egg from a "concerned" member of the public.

When I explained we don't have any employees by the name given, plus we don't have an office in Bournemouth, the caller told me that's not what it says on Joe Bloggs Facebook page.

So a 30 second search on Facebook and low and behold we have seemed to gain an employee in Bournemouth 

Now I have no idea if this chap is the claimed Mr big of the drugs world, or if he simply dreams of working for such a wonderful company like hours  But it's all a bit odd.

So I thought I would ping Facebook and ask them if they could remove this chaps supposed connection to My Local Services, and started wading through treacle. The way to do it seems is to report a Trademark infringement as he is claiming to work for a company that doesn't.

Oh well, just another day in the life... Have filed a Trademark infringement, got an automated response saying FB are investigating, so shall see what happens...

If you happen to gain some employee impostors, the Facebook Page you need is here: Trademark Report Form

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

This seems super odd!!! This phonecall out the blue itself is weird as it seems overly 'helpful' of a random someone. And why does someone pretend to work for a random company....This is really mysterious! I am trying to see an angle here but unsure what the scam could be. Maybe he works for something very similarly named so it's a simple mix up. Hmmmm. What a Freaky Friday!!

Have to say that does sound rather odd, but then again since I got here everything seems odd  

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

All very odd indeed! 

Oh well, just another day in the life... Have filed a Trademark infringement, got an automated response saying FB are investigating, so shall see what happens...”

Fair play to FB, they responded quickly over the weekend and removed us an employer of the Facebook profile in question.

Now filed away under bizarre and weird 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments