Priorities - juggling the kids

By : Forum Moderator
Published 13th September 2017 |
Read latest comment - 14th September 2017

I definitely cannot juggle my son, as he is a giant one year old and I already get a full workout just carrying him around!  But how do you get that work/life balance? I am currently trying to balance the needs of my young children with the needs of myself and my business and it’s hard! I am sure other working parents must feel the same a lot of the time. 

I chose to have children and for me bringing them up myself is very important. I want them to be instilled with my values and morals (yes, they’ll be lefties like me

Comments
I chose to have children and for me bringing them up myself is very important. I want them to be instilled with my values and morals (yes, they’ll be lefties like me )”

Don't get me wrong, one part of me quite likes the idea of a nanny, particularly when the kids are trying to kill each other, plus I have threatened boarding school on more than one occasion  But I agree with you (other than been a lefty!) and we made the decision that we didn't want to be leaving the kids in before or after school clubs while we worked.

Appreciate a lot of people don't have that luxury which is why I think running a business actually gives you more freedom and flexibility when it comes to kids. We're a working family, but I do the school run in the morning while the missus collects after starting her job early.

School holidays tend to be the biggest challenge, managing another companies holiday entitlement. Again this becomes an advantage running your own business.

Curve balls are my biggest headache, kids sickness. It's always when we are the busiest and normally ends up as a coin toss as to who takes the day off 

How does anyone else juggle kids and work? Does running a business make it easier or harder?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments