How to improve customer service

By : Forum Member
Published 14th May 2017 |
Read latest comment - 16th May 2017

Hi. Do you have a standard operating procedure for your customer service? How do you handle customer complaints? We're thinking about outsourcing and let an agency handle inquiries and complaints. Would this be beneficial for a business or it would be just a waste of money?

springboard
Comments

No one likes dealing with difficult customers, having outbound & inbound customer service should be an integral part of any company. I think outsourcing is a great idea

redstone

We're thinking about outsourcing and let an agency handle inquiries and complaints. ”

IMHO bad idea!

If you are talking about outsourcing lead generation, managing social media or maybe reputation management then it can be a good idea. But you get what you pay for and make sure they are working to your style and tone otherwise it would be disastrous. 

But to outsource all customer service and complaints is a really scary prospect. Customer service makes or breaks a business, so why would delegate this to a third party?

Most of customer service is as it says on the tin. Be polite, courteous, professional and use common sense. But if you are creating a policy for consumer disputes then the best place to start is the Consumer Rights Act 2015. Trading Standards has this documented with downloadable PDFs here: The Consumer Rights Act 2015

If outsourcing, make sure they fully understand the implications and any complaints procedure is robust and covers the consumer rights act.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments