Uber is currently valued at $75.46 billion dollars and the biggest company known to benefit from the gig economy. An avid Uber user myself I chat with their drivers with varied reasons why they picked up the opportunity.
- Flexible Hours
- Option to Work or Not Work
- Earn as much or as less
- Part of a Global Tech Innovation Giant
- Solid Infrastructure ... etc
Yet many have claimed about many disadvantages 'Gig Economy Workers' shares.
- No Sick Pays and Holidays yet most drivers work solely for the organisation
- Pensions, insurances and other benefits are your responsibility.
Being an entrepreneur I find this is a norm. I work for myself and have been totally responsible for looking after making sure my business continued without me and that I worked enough to pay my bills and some.
The bottom line really is to hear of your experiences, thoughts experiences of the positive or negative impact in your industry..